Blue Sea 7610 vs 7622 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of adding a 2nd battery system to my 100. Going to run a fridge, some extra outlets, led lights, etc. and want to have a house battery. I'm planning on using a Blue Sea ACR, but am torn between the 7610 and the 7622. From what I can tell, the only real differences are the higher amp rating and the ability to self jump with the 7622. Does anyone know if there are any other advantages of the 7622 over the 7610? Do I need the higher amp rating of the 7622 on my 100. I think the stock alternator should be enough for my needs. Being able to self jump start isn't worth the extra $100 to me, so unless there are other advantages, I'm leaning toward the 7610. Thanks for any information or advise.

I have the 7610 mostly coz the price and size .. self jump, I have always good pair of jumper cables with me .. if I need it ..

I'm running 3 7610s in 3 different trucks. It's a very good unit.

The 7622 does have the manual over-ride switch, and can be wired to combine for jump starting remotely, but as Tapage says, you can jump yourself with cables too. Actually only 1 cable since the grounds are already connected.

I like the 7610 because it's easy to hook up, a bit smaller, trouble free, less expensive, and does the job perfectly. It's normally around $80, but every once in awhile, Amazon will have it for $59 but you have to watch for it. Plus, Blue Sea warranties the unit for "as long as you own it'.

Do you guys know, can a winch be used with a 7610 if you wire the winch directly to the starting battery? Can the ACR handle the amps that the winch produces during a pull?

Do you guys know, can a winch be used with a 7610 if you wire the winch directly to the starting battery? Can the ACR handle the amps that the winch produces during a pull?

Wiring to your starting battery will have very little effect on the 7610. As soon as you draw the voltage down on the start battery below 13 volts, the ACR will open any way.

Thanks, I was pretty sure it'd be fine but couldn't get a definitive answer after researching.

I like the 7622 because I can force the batteries to combine if I'm winching or force them to separate if I'm trying to charge the batteries independently. Other than that, little difference. I don't think combining the batteries for winching is really necessary to be honest.

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up going with the 7622. While I'm positive the 7610 would have done everything I needed it to, I'm an overkill kind of guy and also liked the ability to combine or isolate the batteries if I wanted to. There seems to be a lot of debate on charging dual battery setups, so this makes it easier to charge them separately.

I have the 7610 and the 5511e switch and I can self jump using the switch to combine the batteries.

I'd choose the 7622 only if I was planning on upgrading the alternator and wiring since it can handle the extra amps. Otherwise, the kit linked above suits my needs.

I've been using the 7610 since the beginning of the summer and it works fine for the same thing as the OP, a fridge and other misc gear like stereo amp, exterior lights, fan, etc.

And I can force separate them too, just click open one of the circuit breakers.

Also have the big red 3-way switch to self jump but haven't installed it yet.

Just ordered a 7622 for my trailer electrical system (200A alternator in the future).

I have had the 7622 for most of this year. I do like the in cab remote as often times when I'm just driving around town I will leave it in the off position. I've noticed when you go to start the vehicle often times it will start from both batteries, unless the truck has been sitting a while and hit the voltage minimum for disconnect. I don't currently have any plans to upgrade from the factory 80amp alternator as it runs everything I need and I doubt the batteries would receive much benefit from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom