New to the site and question regarding shift lever for my FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, been reading the threads for awhile and decided it was time to contribute what I can and learn what I can. I've got a 1989 FJ62, its pretty much stock with some interior alterations for more storage and roof racks and slightly larger tires. Spend most of my time with it in the back country in Big Sur California and all over the central coast of CA. Just recently replaced the alternator and did some drive train work and gearing up for some more adventures. I'll attach a pic.

Question: I'm looking for a gear shift lever as the handle of mine broke recently. The plastic was old and brittle and finally went. I saw one on eBay but it went before I could snatch it up. Any suggestions as to where I might be able to find one? Its for a 1989 FJ62 Landcruiser with the stock automatic transmission.

Thanks and cheers!

IMG_4601.JPG

Welcome to the forum. You can surf the classified ads here on Mud, you may get lucky and find one for a reasonable price. Lokar Shifters is another option.

Welcome! For parts, X2 on checking classifieds. There is a Parting Out section where you can check, or the general For Sale - Parts section.

In my own experience, I'm constantly amazed at what OEM parts are actually still available. I often check ToyotaPartsOverstock.com to see what Toyota dealerships can get. In fact, looks like the shifters are still available:

KNOB SUB-ASSY, SHIFT LEVER for 1989 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER. #335423011001

Digging the back windows. Where did you get those?

I have a brown shifter with new bushings. PM me if you are interested.

Other option would be to hit up Georg (@orangefj45) to see if he has a 62 parts rig or may have the assembly from a swap.. If nothing else just take the couple hour drive up to his shop in Stockton for the oooows and aaaaawwws....

Seriously, where did you score those back windows? I need that.

I should have the part for you.

:)

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

I have a brown shifter with new bushings. PM me if you are interested.
Howdy, just looking back at my forum post and saw you had responded. I'm interested in the shift with new bushings you've got. How much do you want for it? Also what would it include? Thank you!!

Thanks for all the responses guys!! Really helpful, got a few leads going on the shifter.

And for those that were interested, the rear windows are custom by Anderson windows. They are sliders and are perfect for camping out of the back so you can shut the rear door if its windy or rainy and open up those windows for some air.

Thanks!

And for those that were interested, the rear windows are custom by Anderson windows. They are sliders and are perfect for camping out of the back so you can shut the rear door if its windy or rainy and open up those windows for some air.

Thanks!

You mean like Anderson windows for houses? Is it the same company?

No, I was getting the glass replacement with the actual custom windows confused, they are made by C.R. Laurence. Check out the link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc.

I can get you the dimensions of mine if you want, I didn't see the cruiser as one of their stock models for the slider windows on their site but I know they make them might just need a call or email to get product number.

Sweet. Do you remember what you paid for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom