Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Jason, your truck is sweet. I love me that new interior. It must smell nice. My truck smells like sheep inside...

The carpet and seat covers have been airing out for a couple months or so. Nice new-ish smell. With a Black Ice stink tree adding another level to the new ambiance.

J

Hahaha the black ice was my choice for years too, I now choose none, hence the sheep smell... Lol

Cleaning, doing odds and ends, a little R&D, found a few more 2 minute parts... so added them to Poppy..

I knew I had the matching set of rings for the other pistons... sniffed those out at the storage unit..

SAM_2360.JPG

a few other items found and installed. Andrea said I can;t go to the storage unit... I find stuff and go work on Poppy... HA!

SAM_2362.JPG

Yes I prefer the grain this way..

SAM_2363.JPG

Shocks from @arcteryx

SAM_2365.JPG

AND THE R&D... in order top to bottom --60--100--80 (the 60 is the least popular so it will be the last to be finalized) 80--then 100-- then 60 Dual doors as the only offering

SAM_2358.JPG

Last edited:
Poppy's looking fantastic, J. It's great to see you finally finished.

Looking forward to seeing your next projects.

Poppy's looking fantastic, J. It's great to see you finally finished.

Looking forward to seeing your next projects.

G,

Thanks, means a lot coming from you!

Still need to fix a little rust and repaint Poppy. Within the next year.

Sampson (160 series HA!) will be my next personal cruiser. But, I'm talking with someone about a custom cruiser build now. I may have to keep doing the light stuff for a while until the back fully heals up were I can manhandle steel again.

J

Good lord Jason if you keep this up I may have to move in with you because my wife will kick me out and divorce me for all the stuff I am gonna buy.

Good lord Jason if you keep this up I may have to move in with you because my wife will kick me out and divorce me for all the stuff I am gonna buy.

Don't look this weekend- Monday.... I'm going to try and finish the steering skids for the 60 and 80s.

THEN I WILL BE DONE FOR AWHILE...... (NO PROMISES THOUGH!)

J

The tail gate lids are looking good Jason, I was waiting for them. Looking forward to finish product. Metal or plastic on the sides??

I am liking this build

The tail gate lids are looking good Jason, I was waiting for them. Looking forward to finish product. Metal or plastic on the sides??

I am liking this build

Thanks Stan,

Everything will either be 6061 or 7075 aluminum (preferably 7075, pending $$$$). Plastic distorts too easily. I had a piece of 1/4" ABS and put it in the back of the FJC for a week and its trash....

I looked at a Seaboard Marine material but its pretty pricey and I don't have a CNC router source YET...

J

I thought you were moving, and then more R&D showing up....you are like the energizer bunny. Do you ever sleep?

Love the dual door setup on the tailgate. Great idea.

I thought you were moving, and then more R&D showing up....you are like the energizer bunny. Do you ever sleep?

Love the dual door setup on the tailgate. Great idea.

Jeff,

Yes, we are still moving. My buddy couldn't make it this week to pick up all the big stuff in the shop I gave him, so I had some more spare time. A few hours a day in the shop, few hours packing and loading the trailer we are taking to Spokane next week...

We are on our own schedule really.

Jason

Thanks Stan,

Everything will either be 6061 or 7075 aluminum (preferably 7075, pending $$$$). Plastic distorts too easily. I had a piece of 1/4" ABS and put it in the back of the FJC for a week and its trash....

I looked at a Seaboard Marine material but its pretty pricey and I don't have a CNC router source YET...

J

so no Baltic Birch option? those would look great with the right stain...

I have recently given serious thought to building a cnc router. so many places for it to be useful...

Don't look this weekend- Monday.... I'm going to try and finish the steering skids for the 60 and 80s.

THEN I WILL BE DONE FOR AWHILE...... (NO PROMISES THOUGH!)

J

Yeah seeing as I am laid up for the next week I really have nothing better to do!! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom