Is this '06 LX Oil pressure gauge correct ?? Looks low (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
Is this normal for the gauge on a '06 LX going 75 mph? The gauge on my 2000 LX shows plenty high with original sensor. The oil level is good and seems to drive perfectly.

Let is ride or replace sending unit/sensor ?

20160720_121824.jpg

It is not uncommon for them to be inaccurate, mine goes to the 1/4 mark and rarely any higher.

What are the negative symptoms if the gauge is reading accurately low?

Would I know based on the way it was driving? Can't say I've ever had low oil pressure before on any of the vehicles.

Didn't want to point out the obvious, but did you check your dipstick?

Where is it at idle? 4000 rpm? I'm going on
memory since my '04 is apart right now, but I'm always surprised that it is on the low side. Pops right up when you tap the skinny pedal though.

Never over half way and usually never halfway

My '06 LX470 looks the same. From what I've seen and read, it's common.

Feeling better already. Thanks

Perhaps the low oil pressure is a common symptom with a vvti engine

Before I switched to M1 synthetic mine was dead on at halfway. Now reads lower. About where yours is at, sometimes slightly lower. Assuming it's ok...still runs :).

Your oil psi will vary depending on the motor oil you're using, how hot the oil is and of course the condition of the engine.

Some oils thin out more than others, Mobil 1 is notorious for doing that, BUT do not let lower oil pressure think you're not protecting the engine.

I had the same issue with 5w30 and 5w20 M1 EP synthetic. I switched to my old favorite, 5w40 Rotella T6 synthetic, and the gauge now reads consistently higher. However, the reason for the change was differen(commonizing all engine oil over my fleet). Highway cruise 75mph is just a little bit over half-way on the scale.

With my '06 LX being new to me, I don't know what oil is in it...whether synthetic or which weight. However, it is very clean and up to proper level with no leaks.

Well acutally I do know now... just called dealer and they said they put in a Penzoil 5w30 synthetic blend 4000 miles ago.

Will there be any issues when I change to a regualar 5w30, 5w40, 15w40 or other nonsynthetic?

Last edited:
With my '06 LX being new to me, I don't know what oil is in it...whether synthetic or which weight. However, it is very clean and up to proper level with no leaks.

Well acutally I do know now... just called dealer and they said they put in a Penzoil 5w30 synthetic blend 4000 miles ago.

Will there be any issues when I change to a regualar 5w30, 5w40, 15w40 or other nonsynthetic?

No there will be zero issues with switching to whatever oil you want to use. I love Rotella 5w-40 T6, it is easy to find, full synthetic, rated for extended drain intervals and has some of the best cleaning properties you can get in a motor oil.
The T6 is cheap too, $20/gal around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom