Coolant level drop. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Twin Ports of Superior, WI and Duluth, MN
I have a 1997 Tacoma with the 2.4L. I changed the oil today and while I was in there, I checked the radiator. I was down a quart or so and the overflow tank was almost empty. The oil looked fine though and there was no sign of it being watered down and there wasn't more than 5 quarts. No smoke from the tail pipe and the over flow tank wasn't getting air bubbles. It has been around 10,000 miles since I checked it last, but I know this was the first time I noticed the issue. Where would the coolant go? This is the third truck I have had with this motor and I have never had this happen before. The only thing I can think of is that I somehow evaporated it, maybe when I was carrying two canoes on the topper for a couple of hours. The truck never got hot though and there don't appear to be any other issues.

Any thoughts?

I have a 1997 Tacoma with the 2.4L. I changed the oil today and while I was in there, I checked the radiator. I was down a quart or so and the overflow tank was almost empty. The oil looked fine though and there was no sign of it being watered down and there wasn't more than 5 quarts. No smoke from the tail pipe and the over flow tank wasn't getting air bubbles. It has been around 10,000 miles since I checked it last, but I know this was the first time I noticed the issue. Where would the coolant go? This is the third truck I have had with this motor and I have never had this happen before. The only thing I can think of is that I somehow evaporated it, maybe when I was carrying two canoes on the topper for a couple of hours. The truck never got hot though and there don't appear to be any other issues.

Any thoughts?

If it's an auto check the tranny. I know the tranny coolers fail on 3.4 liter automatics and wash out the transmissions. But not sure on the 4cyl. Trucks of that gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom