What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's the weight of the AL canoe? Our 17' Royalex boats are ca. 70 lbs.
The guy I bought from says it was listed at 80 lbs. That sounded high to me, but after huffing it on & off the roof a few times, I believe it. When I was a kid working at the outdoors store the 17' royalex boats were the heaviest at 90#, then AL at 75#, and lightest were the hand laid Kevlar&glass at 60#. A boat with indestructible & quiet qualities of royalex but less weight than noisy AL is the best of all worlds.

I ended up getting stitches in my hand due to a kitchen mishap... Wish it was a cooler story....

The plan was to get going with some baselining, but that got put off a week until I get the stitches out. :bang:

I did get to add a sticker and drive my new (to me) Cruiser around town though, so it wasn't a complete waste ;)

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Easiest to make them out of wood?

Easiest to make them out of wood?

J, For R&D purposes... yes. Then turned over to the laser cutter for reverse engineering and production.

Plus, with the condition of my back... It's LIGHTWEIGHT and keeps the Trail Tailor products coming to market.

J

So it looks good and its functional for noise suppression?
Very nice! must be pricey?

J, it is NICE! Only noise now is coming from the shifter area. May lightly pack the shifter boots with shredded Thermozite.

J

I have used a piece of rubber mud flap on top of noisy transmissions in the past. Cut a piece larger then the top case with a tight fitting hole for the shifter.

It works well and does not trap moisture.

Was my first summit. And totally with you on going back next year. Hopefully I'll be bringing my dad and his 60 along with. Wish I would have spotted you could have got a good 60 photo
That's a great point. We wer also wi
Was my first summit. And totally with you on going back next year. Hopefully I'll be bringing my dad and his 60 along with. Wish I would have spotted you could have got a good 60 photo
great point. We traveled there with Jeff Monroy (@fl4031003 ) and he and McGuire came up with the idea of starting an annual "SAS". Or better known as a solid axel summit in Ouray. Not sure if this will transpire, but the more solid axel Cruisers we could get there the better. The FJ Summit is an awesome format and in a great location.

J, this is the coldest vent temp ive ever seen, and on an old system like this?
Details?

A,

Nothing special on my end.. just a partial can on Freeze 12 to top off the system. Once the bubbles in the site glass were almost gone I stopped the Freeze 12 top off supply. Used a little more than 1/2 a can.

I've run it almost everyday since in high 80 to low 90 temps and still works great.

May have something to do with being at 6200' elevation as well??? But one of my other cruisers on R12/Freeze12 was in the low 30s as well.

J

Found the next item to repair, need a new seal apparently......that little clam shell cover was hiding a mess!

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom