Best shop in PDX to install ARB Lockers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The supreme allied commander has authorized the purchase of lockers on my 80 :D, who is the best shop in the Portland area for doing the installing?

Land Cruiser Specialties in Oregon City maybe? I have me them, but not had any work done.

I will be borrowing "Supreme Allied Commander"
Mine has the demeanor of George S Patton

Accessory Outfitters in Beaverton installed ARB front and rear lockers in my 97 LC. 503-642-2600

I've never had an issue with the installation.

Accessory Outfitters in Beaverton installed ARB front and rear lockers in my 97 LC. 503-642-2600

I've never had an issue with the installation.

Is that your Cruiser on their website? Damn its clean!

Central 4wd maybe. Delta park. Lots of Toys, lots of jeeps.

Accessory Outfitters just quoted my $2k in labor to install lockers f/r and rebuild my knuckles while doing the front axle. That seem pretty high to me. Thoughts?

I bet it's higher than 4wheel parts. No way I'd let 4wheel parts touch my car. You'll get what you pay for. It's a lot of work to tear it all apart, wire it up and put it back together. Experience is worth something as well. They have a lot of it.....Toyota specific.

Land cruiser specialties did a bunch of work for the PO of my rig...I advise against their work. No need to go into depth, it's just my advice.
Edit: apparently the PO wasn't completely honest with the work done by Land cruiser Specialties. After speaking with the owner of LCS and a little research on his end I have to retract this statement. You can disregard this recommendation.

Last edited:
Land cruiser specialties did a bunch of work for the PO of my rig...I advise against their work. No need to go into depth, it's just my advice.
Good to know.

I'm a huge fan of Landcruiser Northwest. Very thoughtful, thorough and creative (when you need that).

I too have heard great things about ZUK's gear installs.

Do your own, here is a great video of a fj40 diff getting an ARB

Do your own, here is a great video of a fj40 diff getting an ARB

I'm guessing most do not have a cantilevered adjustable differential holder, Bearing Press, or Dial Indicator with Magnetic Stand, and that's just what I see in pictures.
Meshing the gears is also not a job for a :banana::banana: either.

I bet it's higher than 4wheel parts. No way I'd let 4wheel parts touch my car. You'll get what you pay for. It's a lot of work to tear it all apart, wire it up and put it back together. Experience is worth something as well. They have a lot of it.....Toyota specific.

I just meet with Patrick over at Accessory Outfitters and left feeling very confident that they would do a solid job for the price. Thanks for the recommendation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom