Events/Trails 200s in Ouray Summer 2016 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So you expect there's (hopefully) random spots along the way to Amphitheater? I don't know the area well. Coming from 1000 miles away, I feel the need to find an assured place to settle in. Thanks for the invite!

No guarantee, but I bet there is. We have camped up there over July 4th the last two summers. I would think Ouray is busier then than it is now.

Does anyone use a dash cam to record trail runs? If so, what's the best one?

GoPro roof rack mounted is what I ran last year. With the waterproof housing.

GoPro roof rack mounted is what I ran last year. With the waterproof housing.

I ran the same and was pretty happy with the results. Planning to get a lot more pictures and video this year though.

Just picked up a GoPro and plan to play around with it a bunch on this trip.

we just took pics last year, this year we'll be rolling a gopro, suction cup mount, side, front, top etc...
here we are playing around right after we got it...

I have a Garmin VIRB with a suction cup to the inside of the windshield. works well. can be controlled by your phone or garmin watch if you already have one that is compatible. they can be found pretty cheap on ebay.

FYI the restaurant for dinner Friday night with slee holds 50 people. We may need to limit with some people hanging out in bar area.

FYI the restaurant for dinner Friday night with slee holds 50 people. We may need to limit with some people hanging out in bar area.

Like that's a punishment... you can pick me!

I'll volunteer as well - I'm just solo, so easy to shove me into the corner so long as the beer is still cold!

Recently posted on FJ Summit FB page. Drone over Black Bear at the steps/falls. Epic.

Video resolution and rendition is truly amazing.
Stability is stunning, considering helicopter film crews have required extremely expensive stabilizers for many moons.
Incredible how far drones have come in only a handful of years.

I can't wait to see the footage you collect on these trips

Interesting to see the weather forecast- this week was in the mid 80s.

For us, basically high 60s for highs and high 40s for lows. And this is in Ouray. 60% chance of rain each day.

Please be prepared for sleet and snow on the trails and hopefully the forcast will change before then!

Interesting to see the weather forecast- this week was in the mid 80s.

For us, basically high 60s for highs and high 40s for lows. And this is in Ouray. 60% chance of rain each day.

Please be prepared for sleet and snow on the trails and hopefully the forcast will change before then!
Us Coloradoans never trust the forecast here... It will be fine. :)

its sleeted and snowed on us last year on our approach to black bear - remember that? ice / rocks / death drops!!!! oh my

its sleeted and snowed on us last year on our approach to black bear - remember that? ice / rocks / death drops!!!! oh my
I was wearing shorts too... What I love about CO is you can see all 4 seasons in a 1 hour timeframe... but were still full and not accepting any new residency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom