FJ40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same book my dad used to build one back in the day!

image.jpeg

Where is best place to get oem parts? Sprcifically Shock towers and front bumper gussets?

Those two items will likely need to be sourced used. The gussets might be available new??

The young lady in the first pic has the exact pose my wife usually has when I bring home a new project... Could be captioned as:
"Are you sure you know what you are doing??"
"How much is this going to cost"
"This is not what we discussed..."

Looks like a fun project - I'd source your donor early, will answer many questions for you as you go and provide the bits like your towers etc.

The young lady in the first pic has the exact pose my wife usually has when I bring home a new project... Could be captioned as:
"Are you sure you know what you are doing??"
"How much is this going to cost"
"This is not what we discussed..."

Looks like a fun project - I'd source your donor early, will answer many questions for you as you go and provide the bits like your towers etc.

I got the same feedback. Lol

Yeah, I've done plenty of vin verifications as a former state trooper in Colorado. Won't be an issue here
Verifying a VIN is one step, but if the body VIN plate doesn't match the frame VIN people will have an issue paying top dollar if you do a full resto and want good money for it down the road. I'm not sure how CO does it, but in PA even if you verify the VIN you get a reconstructed title which will significantly effect the value on the wrong end. It's sort of like meeting a beautiful girl who likes you, but you find out she used to be a prostitute. Sort of sours the deal.

Last edited:
Wow! What a finished product. How long did it take you?

All did was rattle can it with 8 cans of rustolium green called (oregano). I have a Tahoe motor I want to put in it, but know where to start. I need to do some research on here to find out if I can mate the 5.3 to the Toyota 3 speed. Those black rims cam off of my Chevy Colorado. Im also planning on using the hydro boost off off the same Tahoe and a disc brake conversion.

All did was rattle can it with 8 cans of rustolium green called (oregano). I have a Tahoe motor I want to put in it, but know where to start. I need to do some research on here to find out if I can mate the 5.3 to the Toyota 3 speed. Those black rims cam off of my Chevy Colorado. Im also planning on using the hydro boost off off the same Tahoe and a disc brake conversion.

Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom