Stranded and need some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A piece of the dynamat that I used to buffer engine noise fell off the inside of the hood and onto the engine belt (more evidence God hates me) it sucked it in, and snapped the belt on the cape cod bridge.

I made it over, but now I'm kinda screwed, the belt is gone and there's coolant everywhere

How hard is to get the belt in on a Vortec by the side of the road ?

A piece of the dynamat that I used to buffer engine noise fell off the inside of the hood and onto the engine belt (more evidence God hates me) it sucked it in, and snapped the belt on the cape cod bridge.

I made it over, but now I'm kinda screwed, the belt is gone and there's coolant everywhere

How hard is to get the belt in on a Vortec by the side of the road ?

The serpentine belt is super easy to put in. Use a ratchet to move the tensioner and install.
I have a 99 suburban with a vortec. The tensioner is that double arow below. on one side
your ratchet will fit as it does into a socket. Use it to move the tensioner to have slack for the install.

I also have two cruisers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, the hardest part can be working the belt around the fan if there is a shroud, but the belt being flat helps. As mentioned above, just a ratchet or breaker bar is needed to rotate the tensioner in towards the water pump.

No fan shroud thank god, and by sheer luck I found the belt was actually NOT snapped. I was able to re route the belt @lel 's diagram and swung it by Napa to clear the engine light (overheating coolant)

Still can't believe my luck was that bad to have the heat tape fall off in the exact place to cause the entire catastrophe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom