Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^Many thanks!

Late 20th century technology (i.e. card to access parking garage, Starbucks card, Blockbuster card, etc.)...
Not sure if this post is sarcasm, but AFAIK that is a diagnostics port for an Electronic Service Tool. Jamming cards in there is a quick way to render them useless...

Not sure if this post is sarcasm, but AFAIK that is a diagnostics port for an Electronic Service Tool. Jamming cards in there is a quick way to render them useless...

Screenshots from online manual:

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 3.52.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 3.56.05 PM.png

Wrong-o, Jock-o :moon:

BP-51 set up from Slee supposed to arrive today. Feel like the kid waiting for Santa!

It has been a little over a month since my medium OME full suspension install. Just got a set of BFG AT KO's 275/75/18 on the stock rim. I am experiencing a floating/wandering like ride. I have a ARB in front(no winch) and a non swing out ARB rear bumper. I acknowledge the truck sits up higher and can be buffed by high winds but on calm days and smooth roads I feel she should be a lot more hunkered down and stable with the weight and all. It almost feels like the KDSS is getting a tad too active for my liking...Should I have gone with or switch out the shocks for BP51's? I did get the UCA's. I did open the KDSS valves one evening and let her sit overnight. the LC sits perfect at all four corners. Really would appreciate your expert opinions. Thanks!

It has been a little over a month since my medium OME full suspension install. Just got a set of BFG AT KO's 275/75/18 on the stock rim. I am experiencing a floating/wandering like ride. I have a ARB in front(no winch) and a non swing out ARB rear bumper. I acknowledge the truck sits up higher and can be buffed by high winds but on calm days and smooth roads I feel she should be a lot more hunkered down and stable with the weight and all. It almost feels like the KDSS is getting a tad too active for my liking...Should I have gone with or switch out the shocks for BP51's? I did get the UCA's. I did open the KDSS valves one evening and let her sit overnight. the LC sits perfect at all four corners. Really would appreciate your expert opinions. Thanks!
A few q's...
1)The floating/wandering you experience is it while taking a turn or going straight.

2)Also when did you first start experiencing it after lift or after tires installed (if they were done at separate times)

3)Could you let us know what tire pressure you're running on also your tires are 275/70 or 285/70. I don't think there's a (275/75)

4)What springs were installed with the ome
And what mileage have you done post install

Thank you for the response Desert Nomad: The floating/wandering is more pronounced on straight roads however, going into curves it seems I have to make a hard adjustment. The lift and tires were done within 48hrs so I wasn't able to experience the truck with the lift and original tires.
Sorry, my misprint regarding the tires, they are BFG AT KO's 275/70/18. I have these tires on my Tacoma and 60 series and have never had a beef with them. PSI is presently 33.

I ordered the Medium lift from Kurt. 2703 springs for the front, 2722 for the rear.

I have put around 300 miles on her since the new lift/tires. I decided to have the tires rebalanced again yesterday, no difference.

I wish I could drive another similarly equipped LC for comparison to mine but we are a rare breed.

Last edited:
For one your tire pressure is way to low, those tires should be at 40 psi. LT tires have a different pressure need than p metric. Our resident tire guru gaijin has many posts on how to calculate the pressure for different tires.
But one thing for sure is 33psi for those tires is way too low.

Thank you for the response Desert Nomad: The floating/wandering is more pronounced on straight roads however, going into curves it seems I have to make a hard adjustment. The lift and tires were done within 48hrs so I wasn't able to experience the truck with the lift and original tires.
Sorry, my misprint regarding the tires, they are BFG AT KO's 275/70/18. I have these tires on my Tacoma and 60 series and have never had a beef with them. PSI is presently 33.

I ordered the Medium lift from Kurt. 2703 springs for the front, 2722 for the rear.

I have put around 300 miles on her since the new lift/tires. I decided to have the tires rebalanced again yesterday, no difference.

I wish I could drive another similarly equipped LC for comparison to mine but we are a rare breed.
Simplest thing might be to try increasing your tire pressure and see how it goes, I currently fill up at 38PSI cold and sometimes go even higher if i'll be driving strictly on asphalt for very long trips. Play around and dial it in to what you're comfortable with.

For one your tire pressure is way to low, those tires should be at 40 psi. LT tires have a different pressure need than p metric. Our resident tire guru gaijin has many posts on how to calculate the pressure for different tires.
But one thing for sure is 33psi for those tires is way too low.

The short answer is that the Load/Inflation table for your tire on your LC says the Cold Tire Inflation Pressure should be 40-41psi.

Don't know if that will solve your main complaint, but it certainly won't hurt - and it will make your ride safer.

HTH

P.S. "Tire guru?" I like it :cheers:

Thanks guys, I will fire up the compressor and get the BFG's up to 40psi. I did have the truck aligned, I even sent the final alignment specs to Kurt and he thought everything looked good. This forum/community is amazing. Will update.

image.jpg
Update: Significant improvement. Feels more planted and stable. My high grade tire gauge reads 42psi while the onboard tire monitors say 46. I'm staying put in this range. I can live with this. Thank you again Gentlemen. He is a pic with the new shoes.

Simplest thing might be to try increasing your tire pressure and see how it goes, I currently fill up at 38PSI cold and sometimes go even higher if i'll be driving strictly on asphalt for very long trips. Play around and dial it in to what you're comfortable with.

I don't know... I ran 33-34 psi for a pile of miles a couple months ago and experienced nothing like what Haggis describes. Interesting that it's now improved for you with more pressure, as the only difference is I'm running 17s.

The short answer is that the Load/Inflation table for your tire on your LC says the Cold Tire Inflation Pressure should be 40-41psi.

Don't know if that will solve your main complaint, but it certainly won't hurt - and it will make your ride safer.

HTH

P.S. "Tire guru?" I like it :cheers:
Well I was thinking of tire yoda! But guru seemed better sounding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom