Unobtainium (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the pile of Land Cruiser parts I purchased over the weekend it included one of the small triangular boots. It is in excellent shape, 8.5/10 with just a couple of small scratches on the black trim ring. Does anyone need this? Is it "unobtanium"?

IMG_5288.JPG

What abtou Teq?

Teq, Land Cruiser, and Toyota are all registered names that cannot be used. However, I'm past that design decision. This is how I would do it:

Grid.jpg

In other words, I would extend the grid lines. It would look similar to the late model floor mat (photo from the internet):

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
New product coming in a couple of weeks:

FJ25 Hose.jpg

You may be wondering what's the big deal. It's just a hose. Well, not any hose, but the M11 size hose that is unobtainium. It's the clutch hose for 7/'70 and earlier FJ40, as well as the brake hose for FJ25.

It's completely custom built to DOT spec. It costs a pretty penny to make this happen, so I hope a few people need it!

Last edited:
@Racer65 are you involved in an intermittent wiper switch at all?

Teq, Land Cruiser, and Toyota are all registered names that cannot be used. However, I'm past that design decision. This is how I would do it:

View attachment 1280155

In other words, I would extend the grid lines. It would look similar to the late model floor mat (photo from the internet):

View attachment 1280156

If you can make a solid replacement product to conform to the floor of the 40, then that is a win win situation. It will be in a Toyota, it doesn't need to say Toyota.
Shane

Just as a side note, and maybe someone already chimed in on this, but what about the original TOYODA?

:hmm:

What about the rubber gasket that goes between an Aisin SD40 1bbl and the air cleaner for the early F135 motors. Toyota disco'd it, according to a recent conversation with the parts guy at my local dealership.

Can't use it either.

image-jpeg.1253718

Can't use it either.

image-jpeg.1253718

What about making the mat with a smooth blank spot where the "TOYOTA" would usually be then sell individual letters made of the same material which can be afixed by the purchaser to spell whatever they want. Maybe sell a set of letters with 2 Ts, 2 O's, a Y and an A.:idea:

What about making the mat with a smooth blank spot where the "TOYOTA" would usually be then sell individual letters made of the same material which can be afixed by the purchaser to spell whatever they want. Maybe sell a set of letters with 2 Ts, 2 O's, a Y and an A.:idea:

Yeah, that idea has come up and given consideration. The issue is that given the amount of wear and tear a floor mat is subjected to, a glue on solution won't last long. In addition, it requires making more moulds, more production, and adds more cost to what is already going to be a very expensive proposition.

New product coming in a couple of weeks:

View attachment 1280157

You may be wondering what's the big deal. It's just a hose. Well, not any hose, but the M11 size hose that is unobtainium. It's the clutch hose for 7/'70 and earlier FJ40, as well as the brake hose for FJ25.

It's completely custom built to DOT spec. It costs a pretty penny to make this happen, so I hope a few people need it!
Will you do a RHD version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom