Builds GXOG: My 2003 GX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am so far in on this one I may end up SAS with a diesel in a few years lol

I am so far in on this one I may end up SAS with a diesel in a few years lol

Thats how i am on my Tacoma. I want to sas it and all but no monies for it and want to build the GX up to pretty much current status of the Tacoma minus a thing or two

Small group heading to Gulches ORV on the 25th.....

Just throwin' it out there...

Broken ring gear...Waiting on parts

Broken ring gear??? ouch!

Yeah...on a gravel road no less. Flat ground. 10 mph. lol. guess i beat her too much!

Now I'm getting nervous about taking her out on the trails lol. Is it the use of the same components utilized on lighter trucks (FJs and 4runners) which aren't necessarily up to the task of handling the added stresses?

8" R&P on a heavy truck. Plus there were concerns of a run of the gears for several years.

I am going 4.56 with hardened gears and ARBs. Should make a positive difference :)

Going in for surgery tomorrow for the gears, lockers, sway bar, bump stop extensions, and fixing some little things.

I am super excited for the sway bar. No sways is a bad idea on a GX.

Going in for surgery tomorrow for the gears, lockers, sway bar, bump stop extensions, and fixing some little things.

I like, my plan for next year or the year after is ARB lockers, but didn't you once say that the GX ATRAC was as good as lockers if driven correctly? If that was you, what made you change your mind?

I don't notice a difference without my rear sway bar.

I broke my rear R&P. No swaybars with long travel is a different story!

I see said the blind man

Did you use the Andy Mod 2.0 for your VSC override?
Mine is going in for the lift, tires, etc... and would like to do this right at the same time.

I haven't done it. To be honest, since I did the bigger lift, tires, etc I haven't had VSC go off once (no idea why).

So you are reinstalling the stock sway bars and using extended sway bar end links?

Installing an anti rock sway. Stock won't work with the travel I have now

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom