Builds "Sage" My 65-FJ45 finally makes it home! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your welcome Ben, I hope it works out for you.

Mark

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
A couple underneath shots!!!

Oh hell, I think I could learn to sleep under my truck if it looked like that. Bordering on celestial.

I would buy a high-res shot of that, it's THAT beautiful Mark.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark, it's been a long road but worth every minute.

I had a friend make them. They are very close to the originals. I used the pattern from the old well used originals that came with the truck. I had the covers made in the original gray color to match the original 75 door panels that are in "Sage". The original seats were that Coral color.

I am having a set made out of the coral material for the 66 which has coral seats. I do have a couple of yards of the coral material left over from some other seats I had made in the past.

I may have a few sets made if they are cheap enough and there is some intrest. I will need to see what the cost would be since my friend made these for me at no cost as a favor.

Looks like SOR has them for $50 in both colors.

I'll let you know.

Mark

Last edited:
I would also be interested in a black set for the swb. I can't see dropping coin on a set for the lwb, because it stays parked outside.

Mark, I'll let you know.

image.jpeg
Several friends talked me into taking "Sage" to a local car show over the Fathers Day weekend to share our FJ45 and the vintage Toyota experience. I thought it would be fun. We were parked amongst several hot rods that were extremely nice. We had a great time talking to everyone and we actually won a trophy. What a great suprise
image.jpeg

Thanks Jake, it was fun and I met a lot of very nice cruiser heads. Your green FJ40 is fantastic and I love the color.

Mark

I wanted to post up a few photos in different light. This is one of those colors that really does look quite different in certain light. From dark green to shades of grey. I still think it great though.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those rear reflectors factory?

Yes Cult,

as JP said they are original "Type" reflectors. I really don't like the way they look because they sport an "after thought" look and I may remove them later. However the bolt holes in the reflectors bolt up perfectly to the factory brackets. An easy removal ...

At the port or the dealership I believe they also added the red reflectors to the rear sides of the bed. I'm not going there!!!!

These particular reflectors are very close to original and they made by Grote in the USA.

Mark

Last edited:
Copy, 10-4. Over and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom