Firewood? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David Bradley many, many moons ago made a lot of home gardening equipment such as their 2 wheel walk behind tractors . Talk about a man killer , one rock and it could throw you're butt out of the garden pretty hard , know a guy that still uses one to do his spring soil turn . There were a whole load of different attachments and I've seen a lot of various homebrew stuff , got a pic somewhere of a 24-30" saw blade used to cut small saplings down with one - talk about a lack of safety thought ...
There isn't a whole lot of history out there about some of their odd knockoff items like the saw pictured - wouldn't surprise me if it isn't an early 4-stroke engine either .
Sarge

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Firewood dropping in the road

Dan, do you have/is there a tutorial on sharpening chains? Dulled the first one on my new 271 and just replaced it since I had another chain, but I'd like to learn how to sharpen them. Thanks!

It's been nearly that temperature here in Texas too. I have to cut trees in the early morning and be done before noon for the day, otherwise it is just too hot and you can't drink enough water/Gatorade to stay hydrated.

Last edited:
chains.jpeg

This pic alone could be worth a thousand words...

I think I've been throwing out perfectly good chains after seeing these things. I really need to sit down and figure out how my electric chain saw sharpener gizmo works.

There are lots of video on the web, here is one Sharpening a Saw Chain - but how? Instruction | STIHL

This pic alone could be worth a thousand words...

I toss them when they look like this.
They just don't hold an edge very long.
That is also wear maker on the cutter tooth that tells you to stop using it.
View attachment 1307053

Thanks guys!

Off to cut down more junipers this morning, before it gets too hot.

You should see the rest of his shop. Awesome, cool, and amazing are appropriate words!

Let me know if you get bored with that California oak. I could use your time and energy to supplement my pile.;)

Last edited:
Holy cow dude, you sharpen all those chains by hand? Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom