Mike's 1978 FJ40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:eek::confused:

Private land? Yes

Dangerous? Yes

Protected? Yes

Lack of trust? Yes

Fish are anti-human? No ~ Just don't like being eaten by humans!

:cool:

All of the above (almost). Click to Expand...^^^

Finally installed my genuine Toyota floor mat which I purchased about a year ago. After a lot of tucking pulling and some trimming it's all in.:)
Here are several pics;

full

full

full

Last edited:
Thanks Dave! I've been wanting to install it for a while now but it was too stiff because of the cold weather, now that the weather warmed up it was nice and pliable and easy to manipulate into position.

All cruiser heads have stash!:hillbilly:
Every time a find something that I might need, Bingo, I buy it!:bounce:,

So Dave, what's in your stash?:smokin:

More will be revealed at the appropriate time of course :cool:
Man you are teasing us!! I can't wait to see some of your pics. What's your estimated time or maybe year of completion?

I don't know about that floor mat. Why don't you save yourself some embarrassment and send it my way. :doh:
You're just putting lipstick on a perfect 10!

Wow thanks!

If I ever find another mat I'll definitely send it your way, promise!

Last edited:
Finally installed my genuine Toyota floor mat which I purchased about a year ago. After a lot of tucking pulling and some trimming it's all in.:)
Here are several pics;

full

full

full

I've been applying simple green and 303 aerospace protectant to mine... Can't wait to see it in my cruiser like this!

Looks fantastic!

I've been applying simple green and 303 aerospace protectant to mine... Can't wait to see it in my cruiser like this!

Looks fantastic!

Thanks Joel!

I had to cure a reoccurring problem today with the emissions control computer. The symptom was a very common one the 2F wouldn't idle after choke return, I checked the solenoid and the computer was not energizing it, I bypassed the connection directly to the battery and the solenoid clicked and the engine ran fine. Once again I removed the computer which lives adjacent to the fuse block, opened it up and checked all the soldered connections to the mother board and all looked good except the the multi-wire female connector on the board, I found four of the soldered wires had hairline cracks on the solder, I re-soldered all four connections re-installed the computer, with my fingers crossed, started the engine and ran great again, problem solved. Hopefully the re-soldered connections will last another thirty years.

Here are several pics of the computer.

full

full

Last edited:
Just got a package from USPS my new FJ40 1:24 scale die-cast model with rubber tires, I was hoping to find a 1:18 scale but N/A. This was an ebay purchase for 28 shipped, many colors available, here area few pics.

full

full

full

full

full

No BEZEL Police here!
full

full

full

I'll be looking to paint the wheels to match the Toyota grey color and also look for an Old Man Emu lift kit.

Last edited:
Cool Mike, I jus ordered one too!! I believe it is also available in blue

Mike your the best-let us know how the shopping comes along for that "mini" OME kit......bet you could paint the wheels though.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom