Idaho gx470 remodel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good, Someone just told me there was another lifted Lexus in town. I'm glad I'm not the only one here. I was thinking about doing the ditch lights in Aug but was unsure on how they would fit. Did you have to modify the brackets at all?

I did not modify but you should on the driver side. I can give you a hand. We could use mine as a reference

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

250mile adventure yesterday with my oldest. Went in the back country of Idaho to a mining town of yellowpine Idaho. It was one of my first outings where jeeps were the minority! I felt pretty cool because there were a couple Toyota mechanics drooling over my rig. I was the only gx. They said they are bulletproof. We had a blast. I got to use my winch but no pics of that dang. Wicked out a 80 series who was buried 3feet deep in the snow.

Your set up has me thinking hard about 275s instead of 285s. Awesome looking rig. I have a silver one as well and love this look. Mean and clean.

I can't tell you how happy I am with the 275's. I would not go 285's. I had to trim enough as it is. We had a blast.

purchased in Portland for $12k, 144k miles, lexus dealer maintained, non-kdss, does have factory navigation, was owned by a 73 year old lady who's husband is a dentist. It has brand new brakes all around, new tires, new battery all within the last year. interior is dark grey.

Mods so far 10/15
tinted front 2 windows
glasspack cat back with 2.5in pipe, sounds amazing. Not to loud, exits behind passenger rear tire.
White LED light kit for interior
HID kit for low and high beam.
Yellow fog light bulbs
Die hard platinum battery.

ordered...
Ironman complete suspension kit, comfort soft ride springs in back, Ironman 4x4 FJ Cruiser Front Springs 0-110lbs extra weight, nitro gas front and rear shocks. AIR LIFT 60809 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
Light racing UCA's.
BFG KO2's 275/70/17's
level 8 MK6 gunmetal 17 X9 6-139.70 -12 offset

near future...
Cbi ditch light mounts(gen4 4Runner)
Sliders
smittybuilt xrc 9.5 winch w/synthetic line
bud built hidden winch mount.

Wingy,
I am on metaltech's website and I've attached a photo of the setup that I think you ordered, can you confirm this? I'm kinda confused because you said complete ironman lift kit, but it looks like you used FJ springs in the description above. Also what is the air lift 60809 1000 series rear air spring kit?

Sincerely a lift kit newb trying to get his bearings on lift kits.

image.png

Wingy,
I am on metaltech's website and I've attached a photo of the setup that I think you ordered, can you confirm this? I'm kinda confused because you said complete ironman lift kit, but it looks like you used FJ springs in the description above. Also what is the air lift 60809 1000 series rear air spring kit?

Sincerely a lift kit newb trying to get his bearings on lift kits.
Your order is correct. I did NOT use FJ coils. I used the kit in your pic. Get the rear coil kit the make as well.

Do you think I can stuff your exact wheels and tire size in with no lift if I remove the running boards? Also you said you prob could get by with stock UCA once the lift is on?

I highly doubt you could fit my tire/wheel combo with out lift. In retrospect I would keep the stock UCA's and get sliders instead. Several guys have kept stock UCAs with no problem.

image.jpeg

I just got these cheap LED stick on strips from eBay and just stuck them right to the ceiling fabric and just wrap the wires around the bulb housing it was really easy took like five seconds

I didn't wire them properly like solder the wires in or even butt splice them I just took the loose wire from the led strips and wrapped it around the bulb on the stock cargo light housing for positive and for negative they've been on there for about two months and I've had no issues whatsoever. Super bright

Last edited:
There is no switch or harness at all. The wires come directly off the LED strips, a positive and a negative wire and I just wired those LEDs to the rear cargo light. So when I open up the back hatch All the lights come on. Hope that makes better sense

There is no switch or harness at all. The wires come directly off the LED strips, a positive and a negative wire and I just wired those LEDs to the rear cargo light. So when I open up the back hatch All the lights come on. Hope that makes better sense
My bad, I thought I posted this question a few pages back on your ditch light install but it looks like it posted here...sorry. Was originally referring to the linked harness and switch for your led ditch lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom