Zambia Project- compressor mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its taken three weekends, but the compressor is mounted and blends into the rear cargo area.

the test run is up to the source of the zambezi on Tuesday.. Just gonna get the wife to check it out for rattles and vibrations

wiring is being run the full vehicle length to power it and the fridge and some other stuff, that should be done in a month or so

I'm sure others will notice more interesting things about your 80, but I noticed some. For instance, it appears your Cruiser never had 3rd row seating (based on not having a hole at the top of the "D pillar" for a seat belt, or holes for a 3rd row grab handle). I also noticed a rather factory looking spare tire swing out! I would have guessed the stress of hanging a tire on the rear corner of the sheet metal would tear through pretty quickly. Perhaps on your vehicle, the body has been reinforced to the point that isn't an issue. I'd like to see what's behind the plastic panel, but I can understand why you might not want to peel back the plastic, just to get a picture for me. If you do open up the plastic on the right rear to run your wiring, PLEASE also get some pictures of the inside where the tire swing-out mounts.

Originally, it was sold into the south african market. somewhere in its life, it was imported into zambia.. it never had the third row, correct.
the tyre mount is actually amazingly solid, if you keep the stop, the lock and the block all adjusted it doesnt rattle or vibrate much at all.
i do have to drop the plastic off soon so will take some photos of the mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom