Can my LC drive through this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
33226d37-9c17-4fc2-a6fc-c6a147c67957.jpg

I routinely drive this route in my cruiser. And it floods a lot where I live. Most of the time I turn around because I dont know if I can make it. Today seems like it reached its max level. My LC has full 2" radflo lifts so I think I can make it, but want somebody elses opinion.

If the water is deepest depicted at below the wheel wells on that sedan, I'd say the LC could ford it no problem.

I say walk it first so long as the water is not flowing really hard with cars floating around...lol . I have driven through pretty strong flowing water about 3ft deep in my last 200 series where the water was splashing against the driver side door...but the river crossing was very short...15ft wide...rocks were decent size making it more of a challenge. Just don't cause a big wake as it will only push more flood water into businesses. Keep it slow and steady.

I don't like driving through flood water unless absolutely necessary(emergency) because you don't know what's in there or if the water has damaged the road to where you fall into a hole. Let somebody else go first. ;) Consider adding a snorkel if this is a regular occurrence.

View attachment 1265462

I routinely drive this route in my cruiser. And it floods a lot where I live. Most of the time I turn around because I dont know if I can make it. Today seems like it reached its max level. My LC has full 2" radflo lifts so I think I can make it, but want somebody elses opinion.
If the water is deepest depicted at below the wheel wells on that sedan, I'd say the LC could ford it no problem.

That sedans rear end is floating.

No flood waters, or flowing rivers. Just a s***ty intersection in a third world country. :skull:
So three ft is fine?

No flood waters, or flowing rivers. Just a s***ty intersection in a third world country. :skull:
So three ft is fine?

3ft is fine but anything over could be a problem without a snorkel. It's a pretty inexpensive mod. and from the what you have to deal with often...it would be a great investment

I tend to avoid crossing any water unless it's necessary, but with a sure-footed beast like the LC and enough momentum to create a bow wave you can do pretty good even without a snorkel. Logic dictates that you scope it out before you go through if you can't reasonable gauge the depth or terrain underneath from the cockpit, but if you get stuck on the street it's not like you're miles from nowhere...

So, go slowly I assume right. I once tried this intersection in a CRV and got stuck. bye bye CRV it was never the same. Had to sell it for pretty much scrap.

"As slow as possible, as fast as necessary," as they say. You want enough momentum to keep as much water going around you and not get stuck on anything but don't want to just blindly plow through.

did the guy in the FJ80 go through?

Assuming you have net 2 inches of lift you have a maximum wading depth of 750mm or about 30". So no, 3 ft is probably not advisable without a snorkel. You would also probably need to consider raising the diff breathers, transfer case and gear box breathers if you're thinking of getting that deep with any regularity.

He has a snorkel though ;)

Check to see if your diffs and tranny and tcase have the vents raised high enough for that water. Also, get a snorkel, especially if it's a regular occurrence.

Where do i find the vents for these?

Where do i find the vents for these?

Make them. Some 3/8" I think it was rubber hose x whatever length. Remove the OEM vent and replace with the hose and clamp it on with a small SS worm clamp, run the hose up to a high point in the engine bay or into the jack storage area if at the rear. A neat trick is to use one of those plastic gasoline fuel filters as a vent cap for the other end of the hose; doubles as a spare fuel filter should you or someone need one.

Some connect to a single line and run to where the gas filler neck is. You can make a kit or buy one from ARB

The ARB kit looks very nice, but IMO is pricey for what it does. If you get the supplies to assemble it yourself it's one of the least expensive mods you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom