FJ40 Fiberglass Front end pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How is this car running today? Got any recent shots of the engine ? 6 carbs on top of a V12 engine. That's crazy!

Sorry for the hijack, but that engine is one of my favorite itches to scratch. Here's mine, and as much as I like it it's not going into the FJ40!

View attachment 1253807

Nice! I have all that fuel injection stuff, but would have to alter it a bit to make it work,so it won't be going on there.It still runs, dispite all the times it should have blown up.

Couple crappy pics of my old 40's tilt hood. Came with it when I bought it eons ago. I think it was the only part of the truck that didn't get damaged when I rolled it. No idea what make it was, Gozzard perhaps?
Can't say I've seen one that tilted back, but forward was alright for easy access to the engine bay. The lack of inner fenders made things messy though.
Mine just used the one stock hinge point in the middle, so if you needed to remove the entire hood it was quite easy; unplug headlights and pull the pin.

IMG_20140502_120624.jpg
IMG_20140502_120518.jpg

How is this car running today? Got any recent shots of the engine ? 6 carbs on top of a V12 engine. That's crazy!

Sorry for the hijack, but that engine is one of my favorite itches to scratch. Here's mine, and as much as I like it it's not going into the FJ40!

View attachment 1253807

Leave it to a Land Cruiser guy to want to take a vehicle as obscure as a 40 and transplant an even more obscure powerplant....as if finding 40
parts wasn't hard enough:)

Couple crappy pics of my old 40's tilt hood. Came with it when I bought it eons ago. I think it was the only part of the truck that didn't get damaged when I rolled it. No idea what make it was, Gozzard perhaps?
Can't say I've seen one that tilted back, but forward was alright for easy access to the engine bay. The lack of inner fenders made things messy though.
Mine just used the one stock hinge point in the middle, so if you needed to remove the entire hood it was quite easy; unplug headlights and pull the pin.

View attachment 1254076 View attachment 1254077
To tilt back you would use the standard hood hinges at the cowl. Latch it at the front. Makes a really tall wind catcher when raised.

Leave it to a Land Cruiser guy to want to take a vehicle as obscure as a 40 and transplant an even more obscure powerplant....as if finding 40
parts wasn't hard enough:)
LOL! So true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom