Gauging interest in SCS F-5 Wheels in new 17x9 size (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an unexpected medical issue. So after waiting for years, timing is bad.
Tell them to just market the wheel so we don't have to do 'group buys' or 'deals'
Pain in the ass to wait this long, and then have something come up. I'm out.

Last edited:
@cruiserpilot Sorry to hear!

About the wait though, if I didn't attempt something like this they won't make this wheel. So there is no group buy or deal or this wheel at all if I didn't try to get people to get in on this idea. My apologies, I wish it would go quicker as well. It's only a $100 deposit if you change your mind!

I've been talking to vin, I think I'm on his list, if not I'll do what ever you need.

Sounds good @Orangeanger I just talked to Vin, he doesn't need deposits quite yet but just needs to get a finalized list of all the finishes. Just let me know the color you're after and I'll add it to the list.

Grey color,16" with 3.5 bs for my 80 series

I
Sounds good @Orangeanger I just talked to Vin, he doesn't need deposits quite yet but just needs to get a finalized list of all the finishes. Just let me know the color you're after and I'll add it to the list.
Would be nice to have a production date...

@cruiserpilot Sorry to hear!

About the wait though, if I didn't attempt something like this they won't make this wheel. So there is no group buy or deal or this wheel at all if I didn't try to get people to get in on this idea. My apologies, I wish it would go quicker as well. It's only a $100 deposit if you change your mind!

I certainly appreciate your efforts. You've done a good job of getting it going. I've made repeated comments
to them directly and the vendor forum thread to just produce this size. I'm certainly not the only one, and
since this is only on the 80's forum, there are a bunch of 60 guys who have indicated this in the past as well.
Apologize, just a rant not directed at you, more likely Vin. Have to be careful on the 'ol keyboard! J

It's a little on the dark side but it could work. Black wheels would look terrible. I know for me I have the same colour truck. I'm going to run white.

Hey, are you saying that dark cars should have lighter shade wheels as a rule or is that just your personal preference? I'm not bashing you or anything...just curious. What do you think of matte gunmetal with a dark green lx450? too bad they don't have brushed aluminum or similar.

I'm in for a set of 5. I'm awful at color coordinating but I suspect matte gunmetal would work best with my black LX. Any opinions? I have chrome now and don't dig it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom