Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably not jack. Those that want a LC will buy one or figure out a way to justify the cost -new/used or hold out.

The bummer about owning an Armada would be that you couldn't go to Cruise Moab.

Indeed

hunting down a new bike rack - looking pretty hard at the 1up bike rack. trying to figure out clearance from bumper. Anyone on here own one of these that runs a swing out tire carrier on their truck? if so please comment on the pros or cons
thanks

hunting down a new bike rack - looking pretty hard at the 1up bike rack. trying to figure out clearance from bumper. Anyone on here own one of these that runs a swing out tire carrier on their truck? if so please comment on the pros or cons
thanks

I saw that rack in person at Outland Expo on Saturday. It's not cheap (about $600+) but when you see it in person? -That's a decent price, because the thing is quality. Rather a complicated piece of equipment with lots of work to build it, but it functions well. Thule, Yakima, and even some of the more exotic makers use tons of plastic and aluminum that seems overly light/flimsy. This this one is pretty close to metal throughout and felt strong, with lots of adjustable points.

I'm always interested in is movement since off road bumps can beat up a bike if it's too lose back there. The 1up was super solid and had no rattling or moving when I grabbed it and pushed, pulled, shook, etc.
Another cool feature is you can add more capacity (I think up to four bikes) by adding slots or modules to the tray. Pretty slick.
The entire unit folds down with bikes attached... What I don't know is whether it will fold down far enough so that you can still open tire carrier swing outs to access drawers, etc. inside. Thinking if you only had a bike or two, then maybe...but I don't know.

-Also learned that the guy who makes them is usually backordered...

Great- thank guys for the reply. Found out my neighbor has one and I'm going to throw it on my truck and see what I think.

Great- thank guys for the reply. Found out my neighbor has one and I'm going to throw it on my truck and see what I think.

Hey Willy... Could you post photos of whether/how it clears your swing-out when bikes are loaded and folded downward? Hoping the tire carrier clears it...but assuming probably not...

@Markuson
I've been looking and I've seen many others with over 200k miles and still asking 22-26

The 1UP is a great bike rack, made in the US. Looks nice too.

I put an extension on mine (Thule) to clear the tailgate and so the rear hatch clears my handlebar.

IMG_5329.JPG
IMG_5330.JPG

Problem with so much extension is that it's going to hit stuff off-road when your rear tire drops in.

I think what I'd really like is to mod a tire swing-out to have a second hitch receiver welded on...just for a bike rack to be mounted higher for clearance off-road, and remove all interference with the swing-out. It would sit unusually high, but that would be helpful anyway.

@Markuson
I've been looking and I've seen many others with over 200k miles and still asking 22-26

Auction for an average condition 2008 with 150-190k is $23-25k over the last couple months. On average maybe 1 LC of each model year sells at auction each month, so the actual value could be anywhere from $18-26k for a 2008 with 200k depending on condition, service history, rust, etc.

When I get to places where my bike rack runs the chance of hitting the dirt, it's time to ride my bike anyway.

Problem with so much extension is that it's going to hit stuff off-road when your rear tire drops in.

I think what I'd really like is to mod a tire swing-out to have a second hitch receiver welded on...just for a bike rack to be mounted higher for clearance off-road, and remove all interference with the swing-out. It would sit unusually high, but that would be helpful anyway.

What about mounting one of these to the existing swing-out?

Amazon.com: Quick Products QPRBAB 2" Bumper Hitch Adapter for Mounting Bike Rack / Cargo Carrier on 4" / 4.5" RV/Travel Trailer Bumper: Automotive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom