What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Mud, just got back from our trip to Rio Cedro, Colombia, as I mentioned earlier on this thread, I went back there to start the building of a hut. the 80 did great once again.
here´s a few pics of our little adventure.

20160426_105504.jpg

20160428_123156.jpg

20160429_162006.jpg

20160430_193431.jpg

20160502_165111.jpg

Decided to see what the road conditions were like up on Cinnamon Pass. Dave, who's been plowing snow every spring up on the mountain passes since 1987, had just finished up on Cinnamon not 10 minutes before i got there. He asked if i could drive him to the top to test out his plow work. It was muddy, slushy, and steep, but the cruiser handled everything incredibly in 4lo and Dave was very impressed. Also snowshoed/climbed Cinnamon Mountain, topping out around 13,400'.
IMG_7739.JPG
IMG_7752.JPG
IMG_7740.JPG
IMG_7754.JPG
IMG_7753.JPG

From the looks and custom volume it seems rocks attract that plate. Amazing mine leaks in dd use and this thing has survived a thrashing. I think I have a lil Death Valley dirt in the driveway now

It was injured before my lovely wife applied the rock repellent.....:lol:

Yesterday - took out all the seats, and the original carpet (blech!). I've already finished Dynamatting the rear cargo area, and now that the front carpet is out, and the final prep work is done on the floor areas will finish with the Dynamat. While the OEM carpet is out - it's time for new carpet.

After a ton of searching, and reading I'm going with - Auto Carpet for Car, Truck, Van - Stock Interiors.

The reason for the complete Dynamat is the upgrade to -
Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS Stereo
Planet Audio P8UAW Powered Subwoofer
(installed under the driver's front seat)
Powerbass S-275CF 2.75-Inch Full Range OEM Speakers (two sets - two for the dash, and two for the cargo area overhead)
Earthquake Sound SWS-6.5X 6.5-inch Shallow Woofer System Subwoofers (Pair) (cargo area)
Infinity Reference 6032si 6.5-Inch, Shallow Mount High Performance 150-Watt Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair) (front doors)
Alpine Type-S SPS-410 4" Coaxial 2-Way Car Audio Speakers (back doors)
Esky EC135-05 Waterproof High Definition Color Wide Viewing Angle License Plate Car Rear View Camera with 7 Infrared Night Vision LED (going to get another camera for the front - the Pioneer gives you the option to run two video feeds - will help for off roading!)
MicroBypass ALL AVH-X Video In Motion Interface for Select Pioneer Receivers (to enable the Pioneer to run DVDs to keep my co-pilot/wife occupied during long road trips!)
Tonsiki Motor Car Truck Boat DC Digital Voltmeter Three Hole Panel DC 12V Cigarette Lighter Power Socket Dual USB Port GPS Port (installed in the right rear cargo area to power fridge, and other goodies as needed)
T-Spec V12DB-1144 4 Position Distribution Block (powered the cargo area goodies)
Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote (powers the rear subwoofer)
Car Interior Flat Overlay Kit By WOW Trim, Item# TYT-13-SAZW Toyota Land Cruiser, Main Kit, 20 Pcs., African Zebra Wood (the OEM trim was - done)
AnyTone Smart CB Mobile Radio/transceiver 10Meter with FM/AM mode, Frequency Range:28.000-29.695MHz Power output 8Watts FM/AM Radios Mobile Transceiver (Fits just right in the slot that's reserved for a cup holder) (comes out of the box set for Germany's freqs on 11 meters, and what a coincidence - it's the same CB channels we use!) (with a simple solder mob output can be easily switched between 4 watts, and 8 watts)
Good deal on the audio - I went the similar route on speakers. Do you plan on mounting both SWS speakers in the back? I still have one unused because only one fits...

Crossed some decently deep water for a city street. Gotta love South Tampa roads. Locked in the CDL for the first real use and felt the Lokka working. Though I probably didn't need them, justified my purchase in my head!

Good deal on the audio - I went the similar route on speakers. Do you plan on mounting both SWS speakers in the back? I still have one unused because only one fits...

LOL! Great minds think alike. I also have a spare SWS sub. Thinking of pairing it with it's brother on the other side - where the tire jack is. The Pioneer amp is more than capable of powering both.
Did you box in your SWS? Or just mount it in the OEM place? When I finish with the Dynamat I'll take some more pictures of how I have mine mounted.

Decided to see what the road conditions were like up on Cinnamon Pass. Dave, who's been plowing snow every spring up on the mountain passes since 1987, had just finished up on Cinnamon not 10 minutes before i got there. He asked if i could drive him to the top to test out his plow work. It was muddy, slushy, and steep, but the cruiser handled everything incredibly in 4lo and Dave was very impressed. Also snowshoed/climbed Cinnamon Mountain, topping out around 13,400

Great post. Wish I could like this more than once.

LOL! Great minds think alike. I also have a spare SWS sub. Thinking of pairing it with it's brother on the other side - where the tire jack is. The Pioneer amp is more than capable of powering both.
Did you box in your SWS? Or just mount it in the OEM place? When I finish with the Dynamat I'll take some more pictures of how I have mine mounted.
I mounted mine straight to the OEM bracket. Yeah I would be interested in the mount job on the other side once you get it done.

I mounted mine straight to the OEM bracket. Yeah I would be interested in the mount job on the other side once you get it done.

Same thing as I did. I did have to route a few millimeters to get a good fit. As soon as I finish up with the Dynamat, carpet, upholstery jobs I'll be looking at the second cargo subwoofer.

:hmm:

Yesterday - took out all the seats, and the original carpet (blech!). I've already finished Dynamatting the rear cargo area, and now that the front carpet is out, and the final prep work is done on the floor areas will finish with the Dynamat. While the OEM carpet is out - it's time for new carpet.

After a ton of searching, and reading I'm going with - Auto Carpet for Car, Truck, Van - Stock Interiors.

The reason for the complete Dynamat is the upgrade to -
Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS Stereo
Planet Audio P8UAW Powered Subwoofer
(installed under the driver's front seat)
Powerbass S-275CF 2.75-Inch Full Range OEM Speakers (two sets - two for the dash, and two for the cargo area overhead)
Earthquake Sound SWS-6.5X 6.5-inch Shallow Woofer System Subwoofers (Pair) (cargo area)
Infinity Reference 6032si 6.5-Inch, Shallow Mount High Performance 150-Watt Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair) (front doors)
Alpine Type-S SPS-410 4" Coaxial 2-Way Car Audio Speakers (back doors)
Esky EC135-05 Waterproof High Definition Color Wide Viewing Angle License Plate Car Rear View Camera with 7 Infrared Night Vision LED (going to get another camera for the front - the Pioneer gives you the option to run two video feeds - will help for off roading!)
MicroBypass ALL AVH-X Video In Motion Interface for Select Pioneer Receivers (to enable the Pioneer to run DVDs to keep my co-pilot/wife occupied during long road trips!)
Tonsiki Motor Car Truck Boat DC Digital Voltmeter Three Hole Panel DC 12V Cigarette Lighter Power Socket Dual USB Port GPS Port (installed in the right rear cargo area to power fridge, and other goodies as needed)
T-Spec V12DB-1144 4 Position Distribution Block (powered the cargo area goodies)
Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote (powers the rear subwoofer)
Car Interior Flat Overlay Kit By WOW Trim, Item# TYT-13-SAZW Toyota Land Cruiser, Main Kit, 20 Pcs., African Zebra Wood (the OEM trim was - done)
AnyTone Smart CB Mobile Radio/transceiver 10Meter with FM/AM mode, Frequency Range:28.000-29.695MHz Power output 8Watts FM/AM Radios Mobile Transceiver (Fits just right in the slot that's reserved for a cup holder) (comes out of the box set for Germany's freqs on 11 meters, and what a coincidence - it's the same CB channels we use!) (with a simple solder mob output can be easily switched between 4 watts, and 8 watts)

Dude. 2016. I can't concentrate to read all those words. This post is worthless without pictures.

That's the CB radio I want to get. Or Albrecht AE-6160, looks the same but lacks 10m band.
I wanted to have it in the ashtray location. Can you hear anything from its speaker since it is so isolated where you mounted it?

Dude. 2016. I can't concentrate to read all those words. This post is worthless without pictures.

That's the CB radio I want to get. Or Albrecht AE-6160, looks the same but lacks 10m band.
I wanted to have it in the ashtray location. Can you hear anything from its speaker since it is so isolated where you mounted it?

I didn't take a chance on the little speaker - I went with a 5 watt remote speaker. If you want I'll take a picture, and post it tomorrow.

Check my build thread for pictures. I'll be adding more as things come together.

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom