Intro Xml325 38.5's with no lift 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is awesome!! I want to UTE my 80, but in the middle of a 5.3 swap right now... Maybe I'll buy another and UTE it and make it a "crawler" so the one with a 5.3 becomes the tow rig... Hmmmmmm

This just got very interesting...
Does the sun roof still work?

I've always wanted nted to see a T-100 cab on a fj80 chassis, still haven't, but this is getting closer to the look. Awesome!

You're right, once the rear door handles are shaved and smooth, it will stop tricking our eyes and resemble a truck.

Wow - very impressive "cut and paste". Will you keep the hatch functional?

Great build so far, keep it up!

Man, I just started reading this and couldn't wait to see the SR5FJ80. Awesome Taco body minus the s***ty Dana frame. This is still cool though, keep the posts coming.

image.jpeg
I understand the itch you need to scratch. Took her for a drive and it's like a damn race car. Those are stock spring rear and J springs front. She lost a lot of weight....

How much weight do you estimate is in the glass, top & hatch door?
J front vs. stock rear is like a 3" difference.

Last edited:
I'd need to know for sure what the stock rear spring rate was. I've heard 150 lb/in and 180 lb/in. Then compare stock measurements to chopped measurements for a rough idea.

Wow - very impressive "cut and paste". Will you keep the hatch functional?

Great build so far, keep it up!

Yes the rear hatch is staying functional to access the van type 3rd row seat that I plan to mount in the extended cab area.

How much weight do you estimate is in the glass, top & hatch door?
J front vs. stock rear is like a 3" difference.

I'm guessing I shaved 250 to 300 pounds. But I'll be adding some back. My stock springs lifted 1" after all the cutting. I do have a floor scale so I'll know exactly what I shaved here soon.

Did your cab chop save you doing plexi / buying new glass for your "xtra cab" windows out back - like using the rear 1/2 slider from the stock cargo glass?

Love the UTE chops myself, and with enough roof left to use "tilt" yet on the moonroof really adds to the ventilation (heat summer, humidity if you carry dogs).

Like it, keep us up on build pics - I may find a day my plasma comes out on the 40th since I got it for a song myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom