16 LC Front Bumper Extender - Potential Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is for all 16 LC owners.

As me, I am sure all of you are not fans of the license plate holder with beautiful two holes in the front bumper (for states where no front license plate requirement). I have seen in many pictures of LC with bumper extender which masks that and actually looks not bad. Of course Toyota doesn't sell it anywhere as accessories. I have found a Chinese automotive manufacturer which makes them. I don't get the concept of using screws to attach it as would require drilling holes, BUT all around there are flat surfaces which are perfect for 3M double sided tape which I have used to attach side molding which holds very well. So the install should be easy with the tape.

Currently they have only the pearl white color, so for anyone like me interested in different color it will require a quick stop to paint shop (last trim piece costed me $75)

The bumper extender is cheap as it costs $65 but shipping where big costs is. Individual units they ship only fedex which runs 188 for total of 253. Too use air freight the minimum order is 5 units. I am currently waiting for cost. Of course there would be some incremental cost to ship things within US, but I am sure it will be substantially cheaper.

Any experience with those bumper extenders (original from Toyota or from third party manufacturer), quality if third party and/or interest in a group buy? Pictures below....

1.jpg
2.JPG
3.5.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited:
This is for all 16 LC owners.

As me, I am sure all of you are not fans of the license plate holder with beautiful two holes in the front bumper (for states where no front license plate requirement). I have seen in many pictures of LC with bumper extender which masks that and actually looks not bad. Of course Toyota doesn't sell it anywhere as accessories. I have found a Chinese automotive manufacturer which makes them. I don't get the concept of using screws to attach it as would require drilling holes, BUT all around there are flat surfaces which are perfect for 3M double sided tape which I have used to attach side molding which holds very well. So the install should be easy with the tape.

Currently they have only the pearl white color, so for anyone like me interested in different color it will require a quick stop to paint shop (last trim piece costed me $75)

The bumper extender is cheap as it costs $65 but shipping where big costs is. Individual units they ship only fedex which runs 188 for total of 253. Too use air freight the minimum order is 5 units. I am currently waiting for cost. Of course there would be some incremental cost to ship things within US, but I am sure it will be substantially cheaper.

Any experience with those bumper extenders (original from Toyota or from third party manufacturer), quality if third party and/or interest in a group buy? Pictures below....

View attachment 1250732 View attachment 1250733 View attachment 1250734 View attachment 1250735 View attachment 1250736

I'm having a hard time seeing any functional benefit to such an extender...unless you are an auto-body guy and like extra damage. ;)

Personally, I'd want to add a "bumper extender" that increases protection and functionality...such as:

ARB2016.jpg

2016-toyota-lancruiser-200-series.jpg

Bumper extenders tend to be little more than damage-expanders from what I've seen. I guess it looks kinda cool, but does not appear to provide a function other than that.

the 16 LC will be my wife's as soon as the new model comes out. She doesn't want any off road hardware so will keep it stock. Trying to find a fix for the ugly license plate holder without putting some ugly decorative license plates.

the 16 LC will be my wife's as soon as the new model comes out. She doesn't want any off road hardware so will keep it stock. Trying to find a fix for the ugly license plate holder without putting some ugly decorative license plates.

Ya, I understand.

On the other hand...you can get a strong, protective bumper that doesn't look particularly off-roadish...and that will provide significantly more protection...such as this:

(photo from Sleeoffroad.com)
200series17.jpg

Just don't add the lights and winch...and you've got yourself one heck of a nice license plate delete! ;)

Ya, I understand.

On the other hand...you can get a strong, protective bumper that doesn't look particularly off-roadish...and that will provide significantly more protection...such as this:

Just don't add the lights and winch...and you've got yourself one heck of a nice license plate delete! ;)

Unfortunately my wife fallen in love in the new LC. Often find it missing with her BMW on the driveway. Agreed not to make any mods beside converting to LED turn signals and LED backup lights but we are in agreement to get redesigned model when it comes out so she can take full ownership of this one.
As well we are not worrying about protection as it is still a tank and we don't do heavy offloading and mostly use it on beach driving, in mountains and hauling the boat.

Unfortunately my wife fallen in love in the new LC. Often find it missing with her BMW on the driveway. Agreed not to make any mods beside converting to LED turn signals and LED backup lights but we are in agreement to get redesigned model when it comes out so she can take full ownership of this one.
As well we are not worrying about protection as it is still a tank and we don't do heavy offloading and mostly use it on beach driving, in mountains and hauling the boat.

Ya... Sorry for going on about the bumper, etc. You are right that it's a tank as-is, and frankly is easily one of the most safe vehicles on the planet when it comes to surviving at accident. Many are the tales...photos...and stories of major crash survival on this forum. With or without a heavier bumper, your odds of surviving major accidents in the LC are truly exceptional.

On the other hand...the folks on this forum DO have a tendency to take these incredible vehicles off-road...so don't be surprised if you run into more suggestions like mine. In any event...welcome to the "club." Perhaps eventually, you can trade in your wife BMW for another Cruiser that you can turn into a beast... Would make a lovely pair--rather like a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde sort of thing... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom