cult45's 45 recovery and remobilisation (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cult disconnect battery when dong electrical work check the fuse panel as my guess is you got a dead short with the cluster and fried a fuse. Whats the bango bolt from I might have a spare.

Yeah you're right mate. Banjo bolt is from rear wheel cylinder. Might have a line on one, so I'll keep you posted old son!

Spent a little time today. Got it running, filled the rad only to find a noisy water pump bearing, chased up a replacement union bolt to no avail, discovered the factory tank leaks - pulled it awaiting catskinner's 80A soldering iron, tested and installed aux tank, ran fuel line plumbing, got it running again, cut down the rearmost tray dropside, painted the entire tray again, cleaned up.

Awaiting auto sparky to fix non-working headlights and indicators and wipers and taillights; need a union bolt; need to bleed brakes; when driving, need to park downhill and install handbrake cable.

For your viewing pleasure..

Sounds sweet!

Yeah, thought it might have been a similar pitch or length.
The bolt I need takes a hardline in the rear.

Wait, that sounded rude..

#45life

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that glossy, Frankenstein 45 pointing down the hill?
It's alive?
Haha I knew only the keen observers would notice. If there's no surprises with this water pump installation today then you my friend will find yourself in the unfortunate position of being visited.

G'day Cult,

Mate.......she's a work of art. I reckon a venetian blind on the back window and a 12 volt fan on dash would fit in perfectly.

Cheers,

Ben
Thanks Ben! Tell you what, you let me know where the 45 venetians are and sneaky will donate his dash fan and we'll be in biz.

~ postmaster

I read recently that you can park downhill and pull your handbrake apart without losing all the gear oil. Anyone know how steep the angle you need?

Cripes Cult if u park it down hill and pull the driveshaft make sure you ether chain it to a tree or power pole, rest the bumper against Something solid or put it in gear and 4wd with hubs in with some large wheel chocks
I don't want to collect my 45 parts from a deceased estate haha a safer approach would be to park on level ground and jack the rear of the vehicle up
Better still drop the oil into a clean pan and refill

Been workin under it chocked and no handbrake for a whole month now Mr. Skinner. I suppose a jack would be better. The thing is those damn drain bungs have been flogged out so much that I'm not sure they'll go back on. Did I give you a J30 with the 4WD selector bracket broken? Can't seem to find my spare gearbox.

Been meaning to ask if you are a cult fan? As in the band? If not, this is the cultimate build thread, cheers mate!!

Been meaning to ask if you are a cult fan? As in the band?

The who?? Lol mate sorry never heard of em. Wiki tells me they're a punk outfit from Britain in the early 80's.

..this is the cultimate build thread, cheers mate!!

Mate it is I that should thank you! You chimed in at the most necessary moments!

Got the new water pump on this afternoon. Opted for no gasket but permatex super black goo. Dopes anyone have anything intelligent to say about my deletion of the heater and the subsequent hose routing? I wonder if I should make a loop between the t-stat and the water pump or it's okay as is?

IMG_5271.jpg

Also, this air-cleaner is a s***ty old one that came off a Holley atop an F.5 - would running a bigger air-cleaner give me more air and therefore more neddies? Eventually I wanna run a stock Q~Jet one anyway.

IMG_5272.jpg

A bloke of a bloke of a bloke I know was ditching one of these. He ditched it no more.

Both sticks won't move but once I've got a few miles on the 45 with all the minor things buttoned up I'll have a proper look. And if it's all good then I'll look at puttin a kit through it. Never pulled a box down, may as well be a J30!

IMG_5274.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom