The jump to top of page arrow... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet :) Keep me posted if it still happens. Hopefully, pulling the jump javascript was the magic fix.

Safari Version 9.0.3; no floating to the top button, but there is a top button on the "footer", and when I click on threads I have read through or are mine, I get put in the middle of the thread where I have already scrolled past.

It works 70% of the time for me. It's a slight annoyance, but not that big a deal to me. I rather have the navbar and jump arrow and deal with the latest post issue.

One thing I have noticed regarding the latest post- most of the time when it fails, it takes me to a post with a picture. Anyone else seeing this? Not always, but I wonder if the image is causing the problem.

Yes, this is exactly what I have been experiencing as well. I did not notice it was jumping to a picture until you mentioned it though.

And, as always, my notification for this post took me to exactly the correct spot.

S t r a n g e

It even takes me to a previous picture post on my iPhone.

Still getting the same thing at times (sorry just checked back in on this thread). Agree that it seems to be on pic-heavy threads, and sticks me somewhere in the middle with a picture post.

Here's a few pics just to make it interesting.

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7145.JPG

:poof:
image-jpg.1211091

Now, when I clicked on the Alert for @BMThiker liked your post, it took me here:

Fullscreen%252520capture%2525202192016%25252085424%252520AM.jpg

Sorry, the Alert dropdown stayed down after I hovered on it, but I think that's unrelated.

I'm with Donal on this one as well. When I go back to a thread, it does not bring me to the newest post there or even the specific post that was referred to.

....and for me, this alert went to the exact correct spot...

Dumb ;)

My computer is possessed.

Woody is the only one that doesn't have this problem. I figured that's what y'all were laughing about in that pic!

Back to the original topic... will we get the arrow back?

And now the Top button is gone? I was just getting used to it.

I still have it. It's on the right hand side. It it's a darker box now. It almost blends in.

For me, if I open a page with text but no pictures, it will go to the first new post, but if the page has photos (above the first new post) the page opens to the first new post for a fraction of a second, but then the content is then rapidly pushed down past the screen as the photos load. It's like the proper position is indexed from the top of the page before the filler space for the images is generated.

This is on my BlackBerry, if I think of it, I'll check on my PC (Chrome) as well.

I still have it. It's on the right hand side. It it's a darker box now. It almost blends in.

You discovered what I missed. The "Top" button was on the right end of the lower toolbar. It's gone, but the floating arrow is back.

Thanks @woody and XenForo.

@RockDoc reminded us that some threads are still loading to the wrong position, a side issue that was introduced to this thread. Yep, I still get the same.

The "first unread position" doesn't work with threads containing lots of images. Known issue, and related to the speed with which images load.

Likely never will be corrected in the software, unless a "delay" is implemented for that marker...which would in turn generate dozens of "why does it take so long to end up on the first unread position" complaints.

I can't win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom