Gobi FYI & Ladder Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catskills

SILVER Star
Media Partner
Threads
Hey guys, just ordered 2 Gobis. One for my dad and one for myself. They took $100 off each rack, matching Trail Duty's price, and threw in 4 accessories. One accessory is a ladder. I have yet to see a ladder on a 100 with the spoiler and don't know if the saleswoman knew what she was talking about.

Does anyone have a ladder with the spoiler in place? Thanks in advance, Kristy

Hey guys, just ordered 2 Gobis. One for my dad and one for myself. They took $100 off each rack, matching Trail Duty's price, and threw in 4 accessories. One accessory is a ladder. I have yet to see a ladder on a 100 with the spoiler and don't know if the saleswoman knew what she was talking about.

I know they make 2 different ladders for the 4th gen 4runner. One with the spoiler and one without. It just has a large bend at the top to make it around the spoiler. No idea about the 100 though.

That's good to know.

If anyone had a Gobi ladder, I figured it would be someone here...but the only LCs I've seen with ladders lack spoilers...

Worst case scenario, I could put it on our 2002, but I think we will eventually put a bumper on it so I just don't want to be stuck with a ladder we can't use.

Did you take delivery of these racks yet?

Can't wait to see pics

:bang:No! I am still waiting! Ordered 1/28; Gobi says 8 week lead time on all racks.

I really can't wait. On my dining room floor is an ARB awning, rear and front lights, and a CB antenna. In my Amazon cart is a solar panel, a pair of HD TREDs, a Hi lift. It is so painful waiting for mods to come.

I really want that ladder, but not badly enough that I will remove the spoiler. Hopefully it accommodates the spoiler. I climbed on top of my 4Runner all the time. Stacked wood up there and tied the kayak down from on top.

I will post pics as soon as I get it and let you know which Cruiser gets the ladder.

So, turns out that my instinct was right and the only ladder Gobi has for our 100s is the one that requires spoiler removal.

It would not work for our 2002 with the small spoiler either.

Here it is... I think I'm going to keep it. The Cruiser was really difficult to climb all over this weekend while camping without a ladder and it's not even lifted yet. I'm a little short @ 5'6".
IMG_20160417_191511~2.jpg

Finally got around to installing my ladder. I agree, if your on the shorter side its a great upgrade.

IMG_ladder.jpg

I have one as well, but haven't installed it yet. I did a test fit, and it seemed like I am going to have to remove the badges, but you don't appear to have had to @Matt Zandarski . How close is the bottom of the ladder to the badges?

.... obligatory "We don't need no stinkin' badges"

4" near the windshield wiper; 2.5" at the bottom of the ladder.

Don't mean to hi-jack but I'm about to order directly from them also comparing price with Trail Duty. Can I ask you what accessories did you get? Trail Duty is giving free ladder, wind deflector & shipping. Do you recommend I just go straight to Gobi on this? I want to also get the cover for the sunroof but that's another 180 bucks from tail duty.

Gobi will price match and has better customer service, even tho they are not great either. I emailed them to tell them they didn't know what they were talking about with the ladder, and never got a response.

I would tell them to price match and throw in an extra accessory, on top of what Trail Duty offers. Worst they can do is say no.

I got ladder, awning brackets, Hi-lift mount, wind fairing and my dad got wind faring and tool box. You should be able to get ladder, fairing, and something else.

Old post, but could one of you post a pic of how it attaches to the bottom of the door? Also, what are the pressure points? Any damage over time from using the ladder?

Last edited:
I think the ladder and rack hold up very well, which was one of the reasons I got this over the Baja.

This time of the year I'm not up there much, but in the other seasons I am up there all the time. I noticed one scuff mark in almost a year of use, which I have sanded and painted. We'll see how it looks after the winter.

I've got an opportunity to buy one of these private party but unused. I don't really see it being more than a fancy place to mount my trasharoo since I'm pretty tall and long and can reach what I need to already either from the ground or standing on a tire. For the price I think it might be worth the garbage duty but now I'm wondering about potentially being able to mount up clamps or something to hold a shovel or ax or perhaps even a chainsaw.

Are those of you with one of these using it for anything other than just a ladder? Any rattles or problems that you've had or seen from install to longer term use?

I've got an opportunity to buy one of these private party but unused. I don't really see it being more than a fancy place to mount my trasharoo since I'm pretty tall and long and can reach what I need to already either from the ground or standing on a tire. For the price I think it might be worth the garbage duty but now I'm wondering about potentially being able to mount up clamps or something to hold a shovel or ax or perhaps even a chainsaw.

Are those of you with one of these using it for anything other than just a ladder? Any rattles or problems that you've had or seen from install to longer term use?

I use clamps on the roofrack to attach axes and crap like that I don't see why you couldn't do that with the ladder too.

No rattles, and had it now a year and a half. I am on it all the time. I use it to shovel snow off it and lash down my boat and camping gear. I love being able to walk all over the roof.

I attach my Trasharoo to it too and it is perfect for that.

Bumpers are next up for me, and I hope it still works for the truck then.

If you mount anything to it expect the tailgate to no longer stay up. Unless you replace the struts with something more powerful. Just something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom