What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife lived in Kedougou for about 3 years while in the Peace Corps. She loved it there and wants to take me some day. Would love to take my 80 there.
That's funny. I was PCV in Kedougou too. 1998-2000. It would be one of those small world moments if she were there same time as me.

Added a grey 80 series molded vinyl flooring kit to my order last night. Can't wait to see this.

Maybe @LS1FJ40 or @NLXTACY will be the lucky recipient for test fit purposes....

Jason

This would be perfect! More than perfect!

The interior of my 93 smells horrible. I'm not sure it was ever vacuumed prior to me owning it. I've found everything from almonds and fruit snacks to prostitute pamphlets. I don't know what kind of weird stuff is going on in SoCal...

My 92.

image.jpeg

My 93.

image.jpeg

Did they switch this from 92-93? Confusing as hell!

hangover on the assembly line?

Could be the owner? I switched mine on my 96' 80 series to match my LX470. Now the gas door release is on the left were it should be.
I'm constantly pushing the wrong one at the gas station.

:bang:

Switching them is pretty easy. If it takes you 20 minutes I'd be surprised. Remove that panel with a few screws, remove the screws that hold in the lever, and force them through the back, then put them where you want. We can call it the "Latch Lever relocation mod"

Put some new shoes on 315-70-17 Wrangler MT/R and some taco rims I got off of Craigs for $20. Added 1.25" spacers and so far zero rubbing at stock height. I also installed OME steering stabilizer and I'm man enough to admit removing the original stabilizer made me cry.:bang: J-spring, L shocks and caster plates showed up from Cruiser Outfitters. Hopefully I'll have time to install this weekend.
IMG_1715.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

I know it's easy enough to switch. More so was curious if I had a special edition, one off?!?? ;)

I've now wired my third Harrop elocker. It's all really easy now using the magic dial. I've realized I need to buy a pack of Toyota wire terminals so I can do a better job of doing a splice. Right not I have to cut away some of the wire coating and splice the old fashioned way. Quick splice, a little solder and some heat shrink and good to go.

image.jpeg

Do you have a source for Toyota wire terminal packs other than beno?

I've now wired my third Harrop elocker. It's all really easy now using the magic dial. I've realized I need to buy a pack of Toyota wire terminals so I can do a better job of doing a splice. Right not I have to cut away some of the wire coating and splice the old fashioned way. Quick splice, a little solder and some heat shrink and good to go.

View attachment 1250311
Or go full OCD with a plug-n-play ECU for that purpose, one that emulates all the factory functions of CDL interlock, over-speed lockout, blinking indicator lights, etc.
ECU V3.0.JPG

Or go full OCD with a plug-n-play ECU for that purpose, one that emulates all the factory functions of CDL interlock, over-speed lockout, blinking indicator lights, etc.
View attachment 1250347
Wow. I'm no electrical genius, but I'm pretty confident in my abilities. Then I see something like this and feel really dumb lol.

Ok now let's get a board spun and put it into a project box and get this baby done!!!
Know anyone that can produce the boards for cheap?

Know anyone that can produce the boards for cheap?

Define "cheap". My past companies use to get these made in the 1000s. There are places we dealt with that would do a "prototype" run but mainly because we used them for other production runs. I could check. Problem is I would need an engineering file first. Which of course means deciding on the components and getting the cad files for those to populate the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom