Tailgate trim piece manufacturer markings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
hotmilkforbreakfast.wordpress.com
Anyone know how the trim pieces were marked in the factory?

I am studying the Toyota Production System, and noticed these markings for the first time.

It looks like the upper left markings are punched from December 1989 to July 1996, which was when Marjan rolled off the line in Toyota City.

13095879_10208275250513378_4360483680224393258_n.jpg

If you mean literally how, they machine out the text in the molds. Date ranges are useful for tracking when parts are made for QC issues as well as inventory control. Then there is model # of the car and part numbers, Toyota seems to use the ending ...10 and 30 often as a left/right designation though I'm sure other like Beno can really delve into the meaning of the 600 part as well. There seems to be a meaning to ending with 20/40 also. PP likely means polypropylene, F7 anyone's guess.

If you mean literally how, they machine out the text in the molds. Date ranges are useful for tracking when parts are made for QC issues as well as inventory control. Then there is model # of the car and part numbers, Toyota seems to use the ending ...10 and 30 often as a left/right designation though I'm sure other like Beno can really delve into the meaning of the 600 part as well. There seems to be a meaning to ending with 20/40 also. PP likely means polypropylene, F7 anyone's guess.

I see. What I find fascinating is that the three little dots are slightly raised; which means some dude made those, pry with a punch on the mold, every month since December 1989.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom