SOR Sliding Rear Windows for FJ60/62 - Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All -

Picked up these FJ 60/62 SOR rear sliding windows from a guy who sold me a bunch of parts. He sold his rig.

Anyway, can someone tell me if these are the dreaded first generation SOR windows that leak like crazy, or the second generation SOR windows that fit pretty well?

Thinking about putting them in (having them professionally installed), but have read the horror stories about the SOR windows leaking in general. Any feed back is much appreciated.

Thanks

Window1.JPG

I’m reviving this thread instead of making a new one.
Those are the older style. I just picked up a unused old style set for pretty cheap. They were still in the box but they didn’t come with any instructions. Does anyone know what kind of weatherstrip to use with these and/or have any details about the installation? I know I’ll have to bend the pinch weld for these. But beyond that I’m not really sure how they go in. Any insight would be appreciated.

I’m reviving this thread instead of making a new one.
Those are the older style. I just picked up a unused old style set for pretty cheap. They were still in the box but they didn’t come with any instructions. Does anyone know what kind of weatherstrip to use with these and/or have any details about the installation? I know I’ll have to bend the pinch weld for these. But beyond that I’m not really sure how they go in. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have the older style and they leak all over the place. I will give you mine for the cost of shipping! Had a regular glass guy install them. They look great and the ventilation is awesome but if you wash the truck or encounter rain, you are toast!

I have the older style and they leak all over the place. I will give you mine for the cost of shipping! Had a regular glass guy install them. They look great and the ventilation is awesome but if you wash the truck or encounter rain, you are toast!
Well, I got a set from a guy locally and tried to instal them myself. I was not pleased at all with the fitment. Absolutely horrid. If you’ve got a set of these just throw them in the trash.

I'll take you up on that offer! Really could use these for the pups.

My wife worked at a glass shop and still has a really good friend who is one of the best installers around (just by pointing at the 100 series he said they aren't that bad but the rivets on the trim can be annoying to deal with - meaning he knew without being prompted).

We could see if there's a way to get them to fit better and minimize leaks....?

Toyotaspeed90@hotmail.com

I've had these windows on my truck for about 15 years. I threw away whatever seal that came with them and used 1" X 1/4" foam tape. I think that required longer screws. I had a small leak about 5 years ago due to the foam shrinking, so I re-tightened all the screws and all is good...and dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom