Values of "Barn Find" Land Rovers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found a couple of "Barn Find" Land Rovers....

These babies have sat for a long time.

Bodies in great (unrestored) shape... Who knows if they run or drive.

Posting pictures for a friend. Would be interested in people's assessment of the value.

In my opinion, these ought to be refurbished as museum pieces, vs. real wheeling rigs.

Thanks -

Rocky

IMG_5298 (Large).JPG
IMG_5299 (Large).JPG

Thanks, brother... I'll do some more checking.... I just blundered into these two...

Local? Appreciate old steel, I wouldn't mind just looking at the way they are put together...

No, these babies are in northern CA.

Event though they don't run, my guess is the guys thinks he is sitting on a gold mine.....

The story on the red one was that some rich guy owned it on Northern CA. He would go on Saturdays to town in his Rover, buy a cup of coffee and a newspaper, and ride up to the top of a hill and watch the sea, eat his doughnut and read the paper. One day he keeled over dead in the vehicle. The truck sat our in the field for 10 years (hopefully, they pulled his body out), and then the guy who currently owns it picked it up from the family.

It has been sitting (non-running) in his garage ever since.

Rocky

A little late to this thread, but to second what derelict said, the series 1 will be of greater value. Looks to be essentially complete.. The exhaust routing means it's got it's original 2 liter engine.. I'd say it's between 1954 and 1956. I've seen some sell for 5k with rotted frames and sketchy bulkheads. People like number matched trucks these days.

Give Matthew Jackson a call at Advanced Adapters. He's a rover dude and may be able to help. You could also post up on defendersource.com to ask questions. The red Series 1 is going to be worth the most. The Series IIa is also work a bit, like others have said a rusted frame or bulkhead is the biggest issue. The mechanical stuff is pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom