What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After refinishing a "Curt" receiver hitch I got off another cruiser, I tried to have it mounted only to find it wouldn't fit with a 285/75-16 mounted in the factory spare location...Guess I should have test fit before sanding, scuffing and a reprinting it over several days..Swapping it out on Monday for the OE style hitch off another Cruiser that I would assume fits?

After refinishing a "Curt" receiver hitch I got off another cruiser, I tried to have it mounted only to find it wouldn't fit with a 285/75-16 mounted in the factory spare location...Guess I should have test fit before sanding, scuffing and a reprinting it over several days..Swapping it out on Monday for the OE style hitch off another Cruiser that I would assume fits?
I have a new 295/75/16 toyo at as my spare along with a hitch. It was close but doesn't rub the panhard bar. Not sure which hitch though.

I'm hoping to resuscitate my PWR/2ND switch(es) in the same manner. Bought it inop. Figured PO spilled a big gulp or sbux latte in there or something at some point; buttons were gummy in movement. Your success gives me hope :cheers:

I had the same problem with PWR/2ND. Cleaned it with CRC electronics cleaner and it worked perfectly.

I love the drawers I built a year ago but have been thinking about building a new set with a lighter approach in mind. Then I decided to just put these on a diet for now and see how it goes! It's quite a chunk lighter! Still plenty strong!:beer:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Replaced headlight bulbs and replaced hood support struts.

Pic of the rear? From what I've seen the OE style has more room?

I believe Curt is square hitch while Reese is curved. Mine is curved and fits a 295/75r16.

Awesome, thanks!

Be sure to also get the LED flasher to avoid hyperflashing. Have confirmed these will hyperflash when directly replacing the incandescent stock bulbs. I've not yet got around to installing the flasher, but it's touted to resolve the issue:

CF18-08: 8 Pin Black Toyota Flasher - 12.95

Greased my really annoying auto up and down steering wheel that was making terrible sounds. Bought some red LED lights for my map lights (so far I like it, the white LEDs were way too bright), moved the white LEDs that were there to the license plate lights. Installed some Sylvania 6000K LEDs for my reverse lights. Lastly, installed a dual USB charger in the cigarette lighter spot.

Today I re-indexed the driver side torsion bar. That was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Second only to sinus surgery. Glad its done.

Removed windshield trims & cleaned-up massive amount of goop placed there by the - formerly decent - glass repair shop.
Replaced said trims, using actual rivets, just like they're supposed to be.
Why is it so hard for shops to figure this out?
Wind noise is gone!

Snuck out of work for a quick mid-week trip to the southern part of Anza Borrego.

Took mostly easy trails, but found a couple spots to stretch the 100's legs a bit
comingdown.jpg

Arrived in time to spread everything out and enjoy sunset
sunsetspread.jpg

Normally I'm not a big fan of graffiti, but Huell really was a piece of California's Gold
huell.jpg

Came out through Oriflamme Canyon, one of my favorite climbs in Anza Borrego
uporiflamme.jpg

Did my driveline lubing duties this week.

The maintenance gods were smiling on me this time: Pulled into the garage & parked, slid under the truck, and all the zerks just happened to be pointing downward, made for a fairly easy, quick job.

05 167k

Replaced the antenna, had to remove the skirt to get to the antenna motor as the plastic with the teeth was not attached to the antenna. It works, at least going up and down - still have horrible fm reception but hoping I can adjust the antenna length now as listed in a previous thread to get the best possible reception....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom