Dissent offroad modular rear bumper. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd imagine a lot of use use locking hitch pins which are a bit longer than the tiny pin your using, and would cause interference.

yeah, the biggest issue would be getting it in there. i'd have to measure mine, but i don't think it would clear that tight space. that said, other than widening the 'indent' where the hitch is recessed, there's not much i can see to correct it that wouldn't sacrifice departure angle. either flush mounting it below or extending it out past the bumper both cut into your angle.

I know you're just kidding but yesterday some douchenozzle brake-checked my nephew after cutting him off in the fast lane. He put his beloved Jeep into the median wall. I picked him up at the hospital yesterday. Poor kid doesn't have two pennies to rub together and now he's out his only transportation.
Damn, sorry to hear. On a side note, you an Adam Carolla fan?

AWESOME! that's way ahead of schedule. I was totally kidding BTW. I figured it would be closer to another 8 weeks, but that's great news. thanks, you made my weekend.

now if i can just find someone staring down at their cell phone and catch them with a brake-check and get the insurance company to foot the bill for a new bumper....:steer:

I got backed into at the grocery store by a girl talking on her phone about 5 days after Ben started this thread. Should have my check from the insurance company next week. :clap: Luckily most of the damage was to just the bumper cover with only the lower wing of the quarter panel under the bumper cover getting pushed in a little. Should take care of about half the cost.
image.jpeg
Spring should be fun getting my rig all Dissented out.:)

Last edited:
Hear that Ben? You're a verb now! Dissented out! Just like how we Google things, instead of searching the Interwebs for them. Now you know you've made it.

Last edited:
Anymore progress pics?

Not especially. He's a little smug for me.
Same here, but he claims to have coined the term 'douchnozzle' so I thought you may be in the know lol.
From Urban Dictionary:
"The part of the douching apparatus that often is overlooked. It connects to the douche bag which collects the runoff. A nozzle is slightly more derogatory than the douche bag since the nozzle is the "business end" of the douche.

The phrase originated on the nationally syndicated radio show Loveline from C list celebrity Adam Corolla (also on comedy central, various shows)
[Example] Then that douche nozzle wrote me a ticket for a missing front license plate."
Urban Dictionary: douche nozzle

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I got the entire main bumper shell together today, a few minor tweaks and the main shell should be dialed. I'll get some better pics tomorrow in the daylight.
I'm getting pretty excided about this rear bumper !

View attachment 1208234 View attachment 1208233 I got the entire main bumper shell together today, a few minor tweaks and the main shell should be dialed. I'll get some better pics tomorrow in the daylight.
I'm getting pretty excided about this rear bumper !

Shut up and take my money!!!!!

Really though. How much and where do I send my money? I want one of the first DIY kits with some custom swing out action.

Looks fairly lite weight, what did it come in at?

Sorry if the weights (pounds) already been cover, I'm entering the thread late.

Thanks guys!
I'm not sure what the final weight will be yet. The rear sees a fair amount of abuse so I don't think I will be able to shed as many lbs as the front. As soon as I get it finished I will get a final weight.

Shut up and take my money!!!!!

Really though. How much and where do I send my money? I want one of the first DIY kits with some custom swing out action.
Haha,
As soon as I get all the prototyping done and figure out my final production cost I will be happy to take your money.

I also just made a deal to trade my old welder to a cad genius to get my skid plates, roof rack and rear bumper dialed in on cad. The kid is only 17 but is a genius on the computer.

Ben
From what I see this looks great.
I have skimmed the thread and don't see a price?
Maybe update the first page?
Will you be able to paint it with the high quality paint like you did with the front bumper? (I still get random people complimenting that bumper)
I would need a towing hitch, keeping my rear camera and like the idea adding reverse lights.

Thanks for doing this!

Ben
From what I see this looks great.
I have skimmed the thread and don't see a price?
Maybe update the first page?
Will you be able to paint it with the high quality paint like you did with the front bumper? (I still get random people complimenting that bumper)
I would need a towing hitch, keeping my rear camera and like the idea adding reverse lights.

Thanks for doing this!
Price is not nailed down yet,
It will be competitive. I do plan to accommodate the rear camera.
I have stopped coating the bumpers due to the damaging during shipping, for yours I could probably make an exception due to the custom colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom