Tapatalk Not Working with IH8MUD --- Just Me? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW, I prefer to use TapaTalk for my mobile access. I use chrome on my work pc to access this great site, but TapaTalk when out and about. I saw this thread when the issue first started, and just checked back for progress. Disappointed to read the decision to not continue any TapaTalk support. I understand the frustration with their practices, but mobile access is the reality and TapaTalk provided a streamlined interface that I strongly prefer on my mobile devices.

It's silent because our representation has washed their hands. It's funny that ever since this thread has started, it's become almost impossible to visit the site without ad redirects directing me to buy candy crush. It feels like I'm being bombarded on the Las Vegas strip with a bunch of fliers and invites and garbage clouding the actual good stuff I could be looking at. Great job Woody:clap:

I am bummed. Atleast i can ckeck out texasbowhunter on tapatalk still

It's silent because our representation has washed their hands. It's funny that ever since this thread has started, it's become almost impossible to visit the site without ad redirects directing me to buy candy crush. It feels like I'm being bombarded on the Las Vegas strip with a bunch of fliers and invites and garbage clouding the actual good stuff I could be looking at. Great job Woody:clap:

You're being bombarded because, as I stated above, you are not a paying member of this forum. I get no ads what-so-ever. $20 a year is well worth it to me. I cannot stand ads.

I find it hard to believe that there only 279 Tapatalk users and here you've got 4 pages of people asking about where it went... It's not my website so I won't complain, but if anyone is interested in my .02, I wish it was still supported. I do browse the forum via my computer at work, but all my posts and other browsing was done via Tapatalk. It's just so much easier to upload pics from my phone through the app.

According to ththe login screen there is 10,986 "followers" of Mud on Tapatalk. Woody has made it clear that has has issues with the tapatalk team and their policies. I hope the risk to tapatalk not serving into 10k users heLps them see his points. I hope the decision is reversed at some point...

Dude, Woody won't be loosing no 10,000 people. Get over yourself and move on already. I have.

@tweeek Woody appears to have come to a determination and is entering a state of denial. ...... Pride and ignorance have a way of doing that to business owners. .....

As for me, I'm growing tired of complaining. .......

I'm posting more on other cruiser forums now. Ih8mud is falling lower and lower on my list of placed to spend time.....

Bad decision, lack of care and concern for users. It's evident of what is happening now.

Woody doesn't really care apparently. I think he believes we should actually bring the forum back to pen, paper, and first-class mail.

He doesn't understand that people want ease-of-use and mobility.

Tap talk can handle the 10,986 person loss better than Woody, I'm confident of that. He's got too much pride invested in his decision to

reverse it at this point.

That is exactly what you insinuated. You're trying to change his mind by suggesting he's gonna loose 10,000 people. Woody says there were only 279 regular users of the app or taptalk. That number seems low to me but I wouldn't call him a liar.

You are coming across like a two year old who had his sucker taken away. You have even edited our sig to attract more attention to your "plight". You have posted up on every thread this issue exists in. I'm surprised you have time left over in a day to do anything else.

Seriously. It is just an app. Just one access tool among many. Use a different one.

Posted from my phone using a mobile browser.

Agreed. Good luck.

What did everyone do before the app was developed? Was it really that bad? I would guess that in the future an app of some sort will return, until then it is a pain in the ass, but it doesn't mean I am going to abandon Mud and go buy a fxxxing Jeep. It is an inconvenience, bottom line. Get over it, or go to Pirate.

Stop crying, pay the $20, load as many pics as you want, SEE NO ADD!!! , be happy!

279 really? That seems absurdly low given the quick response by some pretty prominent members here.

I'm one of the 279 and sad to see it go.

I'm also disappointed that Tapatalk is gone. Its definitely going to reduce my participation in this forum (both mobile and PC) by not being able to follow along like I can with my other forums. It's sad because Mud is a great place with great folks. I know the mobile ap doesn't feed the bottom line, but it sure makes it easy for a lot of us to stay in touch. I hope Woody can find a replacement someday.

You're being bombarded because, as I stated above, you are not a paying member of this forum. I get no ads what-so-ever. $20 a year is well worth it to me. I cannot stand ads.
Thanks for that info. As a newbie to MUD I wasn't sure how 'ad free' it would be as a contributing member.

As someone who found MUD by searching for some basic info, I haven't yet decided if this is a place to support or not. I was doing a lot of reading via tapatalk when it disappeared. The mobile site is painfully slow to load and navigate while the PC site is so inundated with ads I can't access it at work. (I tried and the IT department came unglued with the bandwidth usage due to the ads.)

I'll continue the schlep my way around here for as long as I can take it. I'm not upset the tapatalk support disappeared, but I am frustrated the browsing convenience did. Hopefully I will learn I cannot live without MUD and become a contributing member :)

What a pain in the *** to upload pictures from my iPhone or iPad... Had to resize as the upload tool won't accept more than 1280 pixels (tapatalk asked you to resize when uploading).

Just 279 tapatalk active users seems pretty low but how many users were using "just" the regular web browser forum?

I know this is your forum and we are just visitors but at least get some time to explain what kind of policies changed on tapatalk that you decided to drop it completely.

I'll keep using the forum via safari on my iPad and iPhone but I liked it better through tapatalk....

A quick Google search reveals that overall mobile web traffic and time accessing the web started exceeding desktop browsing in 2014 and has steadily increased since then. I'm not sure if those stats are reflected by this community, but it seems like mobile access would be preferred by a community that likes to spend a decent percentage of time thinking about these forum topics in the garage and on the trail.

I think it is safe to say that convenient mobile access to this forum is and will increasingly become highly correlated with the overall views/time/membership (or however you choose to measure) of ih8mud.
Personally I've never used Tapatalk until today when I decided that there had to be a better way to view this site. After downloading it and an hour of feeling like a moron for not being able to get ih8mud to work with it, I found this thread. I'm not saying Tapatalk is the answer, but the struggle is real.

What a pain in the *** to upload pictures from my iPhone or iPad... Had to resize as the upload tool won't accept more than 1280 pixels (tapatalk asked you to resize when uploading).

I've posted this a few times already, but disable Flash uploads in your preferences.

We have been working on an HTML5 uploader, but unsure when it will be ready.

I've posted this a few times already, but disable Flash uploads in your preferences.

We have been working on an HTML5 uploader, but unsure when it will be ready.

I have flash disabled already, I'm talking about the uploader not accepting images larger than 1280 x 1280 pixels and my iPhone takes pictures way larger than that. Tapatalk asks at which resolution you want to upload and present you a couple of options.

I have flash disabled already, I'm talking about the uploader not accepting images larger than 1280 x 1280 pixels and my iPhone takes pictures way larger than that. Tapatalk asks at which resolution you want to upload and present you a couple of options.
Gota be an iOS thing...I haven't noted issues with Android...what browser?

Gota be an iOS thing...I haven't noted issues with Android...what browser?

iOS 9.2.1 browser is Safari, this is what I get when attaching a picture, if I try to attach a larger than 1280 pixels photo it just shows a black rectangle at the top right corner (I assume it is the error message) and nothing else happens.

image.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom