Builds after KOH LV build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

some from trip 2 of last weekend
IMG_6841.JPG
IMG_6844.JPG
IMG_6852.JPG
IMG_6843.JPG

Jack,

Secondary copper minerals.

Have to believe they were going after something more valuable--gold, perhaps?

Looks like lots of fun. Keep posting all the photos--great infotainment !

Yes, these mines were for copper, gold, and silver. I have the stats somewhere as to how much of what they mined out. Either way, it's all cool to check out.

I believe some of these rocks are chysocolla and azurite.

I have been driving the wagon every where but work and it has not seen dirt in a while. I have been wheeling my buggy and taking advantage of the nice AZ winter. Until today, I got the wagon out for some exploring and alittle rock hounding. First thing we found was this old cabin that had a step made with cement and old shell casings. Then some old mines and finally passing through Cordes Junction to check out some old iron.
IMG_6866.JPG
IMG_6868.JPG
IMG_6871.JPG

Your pic with the truck and shack are frame-worthy! Awesome.

Very cool pics once again!
Reminds me of the ghost town in Bodie, CA.

image.jpeg

Headed down to the south eastern part of the state to do some exploring. Stopped at the Ray open pit mine visitors viewing point.
IMG_6880.JPG
IMG_6882.JPG
IMG_6883.JPG

Next stop was an old mining operation. Complete with house/office with water and shower, mill, tool shop, generator, water tanks, head frame, and of course plenty of mines, pits, and the trash dump.
IMG_6890.JPG
IMG_6892.JPG
IMG_6894.JPG
IMG_6898.JPG

How great that you can still get into those old places. State governments and private companies all seem to worry about their liability nowadays--good to see some is still accessible.

Coolerman you must be viewing this post on your phone ( as I did the first time). Those are actually negative images painted on the wall. I thought the very same thing upon first viewing that picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom