1974 FJ40 with SBC 350. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up first FJ, has 350 engine, everything single piece were overhauled: engine, transmission, body, frame, etc...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Glad you like it. Of the number of cruisers I've built, the one I got for free I painted that color- - -the color didn't really grow on me. If there was something I didn't like about your rig it would be the front cage roll bar. It's not bent forward, closer to the dash (harder to get in and out of the rig), and it's not strapped to the sides of the dashboard to prevent "front cage wobble".

Sacramento area? Too funny! A friend of mine knows the PO and sent me pics back in December.

Glad you like it. Of the number of cruisers I've built, the one I got for free I painted that color- - -the color didn't really grow on me. If there was something I didn't like about your rig it would be the front cage roll bar. It's not bent forward, closer to the dash (harder to get in and out of the rig), and it's not strapped to the sides of the dashboard to prevent "front cage wobble".

So, now I'm searching "front cage wobble," and you're the only example I find encouraging this mod. Can you expand?

The Metal Tech cages fit very nicely up close to the A pillar and dash. I've has good success controlling the front cage Wobble with a piece of 1 1/4" DOM tube welded between the cage A pillars, about 1/2" above the dash pad.

Flatlander, just install a front cage and don't gusset it to the dash, it will constantly vibrate/wobble, and almost drive you nuts (I think reddingcruiser knows what I'm talking about).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom