Dash pad install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gcrump01

SILVER Star
Threads
Does this metal support for the dash pad look right?

Looks to me like it is flattened out a little. Top part is basically flat - parallel with the ground.

& the last pic - is the angle piece on correctly?

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

IMG_3396.JPG

Red plate on the firewall for dash pad looks OK to me,not sure about the last picture if the black part it screwed right..If you ask me 2 months ago I had the original dash pad with me but I moved it to NC ,so I cant help you with that..I would try if it fits good or not...If you bought the dash pad like that iis most likely correct

From memory -I did it 3 months ago I think everything is correct...But not 100% sure...

It is hard to tell from the photos provided. Here is a shot pulled from the classifieds of a 77 tub.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

To my eye, yours looks too flat compared to the photos above.

You know what,TC is probably right.... his picture is more correct,but not much difference...Just bend it up a little and try to slide the pad on it and see...My aftermarket fj40dash.com pad don't have that angle metal screwed inside...And it holds just fine without it....

edit what antFJ posted i missed his post above doh!
that angled piece on the dash pad may be upside down, i did not know it was removable .these pads can be hard to get on sometimes.
are all the tabs on your tub bend up a bit to catch that piece on the pad and snap into it .i usually have to bend the tabs up on the tub a bit to catch the dash pad easier

The tabs on the dash piece are bent up a little and the dash pad does catch. Feels like its trying to go on, just too flat, I guess. I'll bend that whole dash support piece up closer to TCSTARK's picture. thanks, that helps a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom