Tachometer Signal Wire Location HDJ81 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Remote start? Any luck with the sale? It is on the IP.

I've found remote start to be of limited use on these trucks, they can idle all day and never warm up. But then, you're in AZ, so that' s probably not your goal, lol. I guess if you were looking to cool the interior down with AC it would work for that.

Tach sensor is on the IP, I think it's a 2 wire connector.

Remote start? Any luck with the sale? It is on the IP.
We've decided to hang on to it for now. IP, got it thanks!

I've found remote start to be of limited use on these trucks, they can idle all day and never warm up. But then, you're in AZ, so that' s probably not your goal, lol. I guess if you were looking to cool the interior down with AC it would work for that.

Tach sensor is on the IP, I think it's a 2 wire connector.
Great point. It's not even so much that I want the remote start terribly badly, just that it was included with my keyless entry, and I was billed for remote start install. So I may as well make an effort to get it solidly hooked up.

It goes from the ip to the egr ecu board and from there to the dash cluster.

It goes from the ip to the egr ecu board and from there to the dash cluster.

No EGR on 1HD-T's (not the ones I've ever seen anyway). I thought that was a 1HD-FT/1HD-FTE thing.

Sorry for the confusion!
The (totally useless) egr is on the hdft.

anyone verify this working... I've never been able to have Tachometer working on my viper due to the tach voltage being too low. so I have been using timed start mode.

I did tap into the cluster is it any better to tap into the injection pump?? does it matter which wire?

mines been working like this for the past 10 years or so but willing to give Tachometer mode a try again.

1684815481736.png

bumping an old thread as I have the dash and cluster apart again.

I really would like to have Tach working on my Viper remote start 5904V
Tach wire seems to be on Connector "C" pin 4 and according to the EWD wire color is BLK.

Viper manuals states wire should read 1-6vac depending on engine speed

1694069574200.png

1694070029517.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom