Cat-back Exhaust Kit: Please vote! (1 Viewer)

Would you purchase a cat-back exhuast system for your LC?

• Yes, definately! I would love to hear my 5.7L rumble!

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Nah, I'm content with the way it is.

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Over the audio system. Seems lame to me.

Serious? How do they pipe in fake sound???
pretty sure Ford has been doing this with their ecoboost engines, they pipe it in right through the speakers. To me this has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, pun intended:D

Worse than cars with big hood scoops that do nothing.

Worse than cars with big hood scoops that do nothing.

I kinda thought you were joking... Wow. That is just unbelievably lame. Unless I could turn it off...that would literally keep me from wanting the vehicle.

Like buying a guitar that pipes in Eddie Van Halen when it realizes you don't know how to play...

How do the car salesmen test drive them with a straight face???

Just googled a bit... There's this:
Akamoto – Fake Dump Valve – Dummy Blow Off Valve

Last edited:
I wouldn't care. That car was a freak of nature.

Well the state trooper didn't like my exhaust on the Audi this week. I think he was just being a dick. Four tickets and not one a moving violation.

As for fake exhaust sound, VW and Audi have started doing something similar as well. They call theirs Soundaktor. From what I understand it is a speaker located by the lower part of the windshield. Seems like once you start looking into fake engine sounds, a lot of manufacturers are doing that these days. Smh.

As for fake exhaust sound, VW and Audi have started doing something similar as well. They call theirs Soundaktor. From what I understand it is a speaker located by the lower part of the windshield. Seems like once you start looking into fake engine sounds, a lot of manufacturers are doing that these days. Smh.

To me, that's about as legit as the guy who gets silicone biceps because he doesn't want to do curls.

Just don't do it.

Sorry,

but I can't really imagine hearing a exhaust that is put on some Mustangs on a Land Cruiser.

While american muscle cars are a very large part of Borla's business, they got their start in the late 70's building systems for european cars... and they make systems for most brands. Their quality is excellent... they have been and OEM for Toyota/TRD, as well as several large OEM performance exhaust systems. FWIW.

While american muscle cars are a very large part of Borla's business, they got their start in the late 70's building systems for european cars... and they make systems for most brands. Their quality is excellent... they have been and OEM for Toyota/TRD, as well as several large OEM performance exhaust systems. FWIW.

Yeah, I know. I think that it's just the fact that, nowadays, it seems much more common to see (and I guess hear) them in American muscle rather than most other vehicles.

Yeah, I know. I think that it's just the fact that, nowadays, it seems much more common to see (and I guess hear) them in American muscle rather than most other vehicles.

-Or at least in big V8's... But then, the LC's engine definitely qualifies as a "big V8..." That thing is a beast. Every now and then I really step on it, and I'm still amazed at how quickly it gets the tank that is the Land Cruiser up to speed.

-Or at least in big V8's... But then, the LC's engine definitely qualifies as a "big V8..." That thing is a beast. Every now and then I really step on it, and I'm still amazed at how quickly it gets the tank that is the Land Cruiser up to speed.

And that big V8 is why I want to hear it. :)

We are currently in the middle of prototyping... and should have things squared away by weeks end. The first run will probably be around a dozen, and should be ready to ship by months end. These will be the mild system. Please drop me a PM or at brian@jowettperformance.com to secure your name on the list.

We are currently in the middle of prototyping... and should have things squared away by weeks end. The first run will probably be around a dozen, and should be ready to ship by months end. These will be the mild system. Please drop me a PM or at brian@jowettperformance.com to secure your name on the list.

Have you determined what the final cost/price will be?

Watching this with interest as well. Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but where will the exhaust tip come out? I would have to have it very tucked-away for off road use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom