My First Landcruiser Project Journal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to getting the fender swapped.

I didn't have much time this weekend to work on the 60, but I managed to finally get my smittybuilt console bolted in!

I also removed the panel on the driver door and see I need to cut a hold for the top speaker. Previous owner did a pretty rough job on the current door.

Very much enjoying your thread - you're working your tail off to get this rig running and looking nice! Your PS pump story went about like everyone else's story, so welcome to the club.

image.jpeg

Got some new stickers for local landcruiser club. No updates on my FJ though sadly.

Working on getting the new driver door sanded and painted before putting it on. The. I'll go back and do the same on the other new door that's already on.

Got the new bumper cleaned up and ready for install but I want to wire wheel and pain the frame under it before installation.

Got the cloth removed from the extra bench which is in perfect shape so hopefully I can get my drivers seat reapholstered soon. Can't wait to say bye to my ripped up seat!

Current punch list:
  • Tighten roof rack (there's a little rattling)
  • New tires (KO2s)
  • Extra hoses and belts (just in case)
  • Finish replacing remaining vacuum lines
  • Valve adjustment
  • Get new doors painted and installed on drivers side
  • Learn how to wire in aux lights for front bumper
  • Get drivers seat repairs (have oem fabric I pirated from a back seat)
  • Redo all bushings on front end
  • Knuckles
That's the next phase.

Joe,
good job on the thread. We will have to get together to get some of the stuff on your list done.
See you Tuesday
Steve S.
SNLC
TLCA 3829

Read the entire thread. As a new owner of a 1986 FJ60, I feel motivated by your willingness to tackle these projects. I've done an oil change and some minor repairs, but looking forward to diving in and doing some major work. I, like you have owned Toyotas my whole life (drove my 92 pickup for 12 years before retiring it, currently have a Tundra as well) and have always loved the 60. Will be following your thread for advice and motivation to get out to the garage and wrench! MJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom