Would this have been a good buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would say no If it was for sale out here, yeah the miles are under 200. but for that price . It would have to have great service records for that price. Someone closer might have a more actuate idea of what they sell for in your area.

Seems high.

Seems high to me

No. For that price it should ha about 100K less miles.

Someone will buy it for that price. Seen ones sells like that before. Lockers mean everything to some buyers.

I'm familiar with Dixie Motors. Their prices seem a bit high but the quality of their vehicles always seems very good. I've not actually sat down to negociate a deal with them to see if they come off the listed price. They primarily deal with foreign luxury vehicles, not your normal run of the mill used car dealer. I could go take a look at if you are still interested and report back.

Just some notes:
Lots of pretty pictures of vents and not a single one of the under-carriage? Look at the rust on the receiver. Check underneath, including looking for actual diff lock actuators - all those pics and no pic of the data-build plate?
It appears someone did a sloppy cleanup of oil in engine compartment and missed some spots, check for leaks and one of my favorites: condition of pcv valve.
I'm not aware of non-black 80s coming from factory with black flares. Look for replacement parts and hidden body damage.
Lots of flags on this one. May pass checks but, based on what I can see, may be overpriced for some buyers. If interested and it's still available, I would accept @ppc's generous offer and give it a look. Best of luck in your search.
Let us know upon inspection and discovery.

Last edited:
Negatron, unless you factor 6k for the incredibly straight and detailed vacuum marks on the door panels and carpet. As mentioned before numerous negative indicators. Don't be hasty and you'll find one in it's natural state so you know what you're getting in to, not something slathered in $75 of detailing products.

Just some notes:
Lots of pretty pictures of vents and not a single one of the under-carriage? Look at the rust on the receiver. Check underneath, including looking for actual diff lock actuators - all those pics and no pic of the data-build plate?
It appears someone did a sloppy cleanup of oil in engine compartment and missed some spots, check for leaks and one of my favorites: condition of pcv valve.
I'm not aware of non-black 80s coming from factory with black flares. Look for replacement parts and hidden body damage.
Lots of flags on this one. May pass checks but, based on what I can see, may be overpriced for some buyers. If interested and it's still available, I would accept @ppc's generous offer and give it a look. Best of luck in your search.
Let us know upon inspection and discovery.

Ive always been interested in this white/grey color combo because my cruiser looks just like this one. It is a 1997 as well but I have a tan interior :meh:

Very little salt used here in TN as compared with the states up north. This cruiser started its life in Florida as well.

Something doesn't seem right about those flares. I paid that much for my unlocked 80, 9 years ago, right before prices started to drop.

I just shared a Google photos link that shows high quality photos, Carfax, & I spoke with them yesterday. The fender flares were faded, so they painted them black. I'm thinking it's worth the price. It looks well taken care of.

https://goo.gl/photos/7TkVE3oZ6yCSZN4v9

Very little salt used here in TN as compared with the states up north. This cruiser started its life in Florida as well.
Hey ppc, could you go take a peek for me. That would be greatly appreciated. Thx

I don't know about there but in NV you have to pay the sales tax at a dealer, not so with private party. Also "doc" fees of a few hundred and up. Something to keep in mind.

After seeing the under body pics, i'd say the rust is not bad. Though it is slightly starting. Who ever buys it needs to under coat it with fluidfilm asap if it will be driven in salt in order to save it. Those hitches always rust right away because the manufacturer sucks at metal prep before coating. 10k is still too high with that mileage. It will probably need a lot of maintenance $ put in to it. Id say if you could get as close to 6k as possible that would be a good deal. They probably paid 5k for it at auction.

Sorry I didn't see your reply until 5:30 PM. I did call John and Dixie is already closed today, not open on Sunday but I setup an appointment to look at it Monday morning/noon time.
Go ahead and PM me your phone number and I will call you while I'm there .

It's still available and they won't budge on price, due to all the buzz it's generating.

Negative buzz doesn't seem like positive marketing, but I only washed/waxed/etc in my time. If it has super awesome provinance then drop $1500 & I'd keep talking to them - if I liked white, was as nice underside as it presents in pics.

It's a cop-out, but if you're into the 'panda' look, it's as good in person as pics try to show it - then like all lot owners know, there's a butt for every seat.

We've seem worse with higher askings, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom