Motor Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Xpnsv72fj

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking to place my old round style motor mounts and need to see who sell them? I've already check with criuseroutfitters and they don't have them.
I would switch to the later model ones but I think I read somewhere that there are fitment issues, can someone confirm if this is true.
My 40 is a 72 and will be running a 86 F2
Thanks Josh

there should be no issues, as with the 86 mounts the new models were long in service.
irrc if you dig around long enough the round ones can still be found.

I believe I still have a few of the round ones in stock.

That said, the only real fitment issue I've encountered with using the later style ones has nothing to do with their shape. Rather, it is the fact that the female boss on the topside is often too tall to allow the mount to go flush to the bracket. That can be simply fixed with a grinder.

The cross-section of the later mounts also provide a superior bond.

Best

Mark

I believe I still have a few of the round ones in stock.

That said, the only real fitment issue I've encountered with using the later style ones has nothing to do with their shape. Rather, it is the fact that the female boss on the topside is often too tall to allow the mount to go flush to the bracket. That can be simply fixed with a grinder.

The cross-section of the later mounts also provide a superior bond.

Best

Mark

Thanks Mark, I'll give you a call monday I've got to get a few other things for you as well.

Josh

Well, I guess I'll put them back on the shelf @Xpnsv72fj
image.jpeg

Mark, I'm so sorry I went out of town and completely forgot! You will have a message waiting for you tomorrow.

Sorry again

Your order will ship in the A.M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom