Ride difference between a 60 and 62? What about the 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 60 is on its last legs. Sure it still drive frame is rusting out cross tube is long gone but want to know, if I should buy a used rust free or surface rust 60s, would a 62 have a slightly better ride? Also, does anyone know how much more a 80 series weighs then a 60/62?

FJ62s have poly slippers in the leaf springs, but they have that hobby horse ride that defines a 60 series. Don't choose a 62 over a 60 for any perceived ride quality difference.

Supposedly an 80 series is ~500# more than a 60 series. That makes a '91 or '92 with the 3FE a bit scarier proposition.

four wheel leaf springs on the 60s
four wheel coil springs on the 80s

of the course the 80s ride better, and flex better, and handle better. the comparison is so far beyond night and day, it's like 18th century vs 19th century.

I have a 60, and an 80. Well, my son now has the 80. And I've wheeled with 80's. There's no comparison...80's are better on road and off-road. More comfortable, more flex, faster. That said, I'm not giving up my 60.

I have found that a stock 62 does ride a bit better than a stock 60, the 62 does not seem to sag as much as a 60. But for the most part they ride the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom