Builds My first 80 Series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still waiting on the machine shop? That's crazy. I understand being busy and all, but that's ridiculous. We pulled engines on the same day. I've got 10K miles on mine now. Unless it's some kind of buddy doing a favor and not a real business transaction it sounds like you need to find a different shop!

Yeah, I know. He took about 18 months on my old FJ40. The problem is he's the only reputable one in my town. He pretty much only does shop work now and people like me he's served in the past. I may have to consider other options but for now am going to focus on other parts of the truck.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Pulled the fuel pump tonight to replace the sock. Tank looks great & the fuel stabilizer is doing its job. Even the sock was pretty clean. Replaced with the Denso sock which was a tight fit and has a retaining ring on the fitting as well. The clip was slightly different but very stout.

So, the previous owner appeared to drink coffee, soft drinks of the cola variety and liked shrimp/peanut butter m&m's. May also have not done a good job cleaning up spit up. In fact, not sure P.O. ever thought to clean the car. At least it's all dry. All of this I have found working on this rig. Since the back seats were out, decided to address the 2nd row cleaning.

image.jpeg
Had to shampoo the carpet and all in all looks great except for a little red dye, probably koolaid. Really pleased with the leather cleaner. The upper right has been cleaned and the rest as I found it.

image.jpeg
In cleaning the drivers side 2nd row seat, I noticed a pocket made into the bottom side where carpet is. What is this pocket intended for?

It's the pocket to store the strap (when not in use) that you use when flipping the seats forward.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Worked on the 7-pin mod tonite. This plug is a little more complicated than others. To release, first pull up the retainer on the side and then use an electrical pin tool to release the pin from the wire side. After that push through the back. I then used some heat shrink to cover the terminal. It's the small black wire with the blue stripe. Also, found a plug in there not going anywhere. Anyone know what it's for?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Replaced the antenna mast tonite. Mine required disassembly to remove the old broken plastic cable. I used this link to help: www.spokanister.net/vehicles_antenna.htm

I'm wondering if having the antenna loose will make the snorkel install easier.

I ordered some offset front radius arm bushings that can be used to push the front axle forward 8mm to squeeze larger tires in easier per Darren McRae's recommendation from www.auto-craft.com.au These will go in with the upcoming e-locker axle swap.
image.jpeg

Sure do. The wiring is the biggest unknown for me, but I have most of the harness that goes with them too. I did learn that the elocker computer and switch install activates the dash lights and they do blink without anything else connected.

Thanks! That means a lot. We've had a lot of stuff happening the past two months which is putting a damper on getting to work on the Cruiser. A car wreck, house flood, frozen pipe, window spontaneously breaking, and a lot more. I'm just trying to keep up with life, but the cruiser is a nice break during the storm. The leather cleaner is called Chemical Guys.
image.jpeg

40th anniversary plaque came in!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Latest treat for the truck. A new set of hub ornaments.

View attachment 1194550 View attachment 1194551 Worked on the 7-pin mod tonite. This plug is a little more complicated than others. To release, first pull up the retainer on the side and then use an electrical pin tool to release the pin from the wire side. After that push through the back. I then used some heat shrink to cover the terminal. It's the small black wire with the blue stripe. Also, found a plug in there not going anywhere. Anyone know what it's for?

I solved this by just cutting the wire. Easier than undoing the connector and I don't think anyone will ever want to undo the 7 pin mod. If so, easy enough to solder it back up and shrink it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom