Builds Bucket List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know, I always had the same feeling. Restore, or leave original.... What a dilemma... I made my decision based upon rot... My rigs were pretty much rust free , no holes, so it was obvious. But the ones with dents , holes , etc... I took them to restore and started a new era for them.

Looking at yours, I believe you may be the last of the originals.... I would be in a dilemma on that... I suppose with the story and the people involved, put a clear coat on it and call it perfect..

Beautiful rig and beautiful story. One of the best.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Back to work for me and the 45.

Last edited:
Awesome! Plans?

image.jpg
I picked up 2x old Toyota hub caps locally. It was pretty amazing to find the set!

The front axle has warn selectable hubs. Ill be running these on the rear, once I find a few more steelies.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Pics from the guys place (Dennis) who had the 65 hub caps. I tried to buy his entire 65 for spares, but unfortunately it wasn't for sale.
He did give me a verbal "maybe" that he would sell his complete pto winch setup. He just wasn't quite ready.

Although I left without the winch, I'm am very happy to have gotten two hubcaps.

Last edited:
It was cool to see another 65.
image.jpg

I found the chain like this in my pick up. Apparently it holds a pin to keep the hi lo selector in place.
I will be reattaching mine.

image.jpg

His 65 has this underhood light. Is this factory? It didn't appear so.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Cool trip mate.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
What's up with the bandi!!

Oh man.... Dennis's Bandi is the "Soup to Nuts" edition:

Mercedes diesel
5 speed
4wdb
Full float rear
Stove
On board water
Fridge
Ac
Power windows
Shower
Tables
Chairs
Big fuel tank
X cap batteries
Etc
Etc

All seats, with exception of drivers, fold to make a flat sleeping surface. It's as awesome as it looks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom