1960 FJ 25 Venezuela (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I have come across a strange FJ 25 in Venezuela and I am not sure what it is? The serial is FJ25201221.
It look like an FJ25 Pick Up, but the ones I have seen on line have a straight truck bed, and this one slants down from the cabin to the rear bumber. The docuemntation says it a pick up. The FJ has only one owner a 92 year old man who says he bought like that brand new from a Toyota dealership in Venezuela. Any thoughts?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The VIN corresponds to a 1960 FJ25. Last digit is likely an "L" for left drive, rather than 1. Pictures of the rear body and frame underneath may help answer the truck bed question. Looks like an FJ28 chassis, we haven't seen many other than the Australian version which was locally fabricated from the cowl back. Looks like yours has the Toyota doors and cab......others will surely have some input.

interesting truck... it could have been done this way and sold this way as most truck down that way were being shipped as CKD. I know venezuela was at the start of trying to establish a national automotive industry right at this time ... late 50's early 60's.

in 1956 toyota exported 2 TLC's to Venezuela and had a contract with Tocars in 62' for CKD's

Toyota was getting there foot in the door in several countries down there at this time all with sending a few land cruisers and then establishing CKD producation

Thank you guys for your comments, I have posted a picture of the rear view of the car, note the lines in the body work. As well as the lines the goes through the middle of the door that is identical to that of the truck bed.
Any thought...

I think they may have been sent over and assembled with part made locally ... As this was happening in other locations

Toyota just wouldn't have a rear tub lip like that.

Also it looks like it did at one time have the original taillights as part of the bracket on the rt is still there... Somebody did some metal shaping to fit the jeep lights

Would be interesting to see old pics of the cruiser... Specially before the jeep lights got put on

Hello fellas! I have come across some new info regarding the fj25 which is actually and FJ28L. The VIN plate was covered in two layers of pint i slowed worked on removing the paint trying to not damage the plate. I will attach fotos of what i found under the paint! Let me know what you guys think...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

When the 28's were sent over to Oz they had the same thing done ... Rear tub was made for them ... Yours I believe was probably done the same way... Made locally as I described above sent over as a cab chassis and finish assembled in Venezuela

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom