Builds Taro, the FJ60 build and adventure. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All the bikes look too new and clean so was wondering if they were all yours or were part of a shop you frequented or worked at.

The bikes are my roommates and mine... All brand new 2015 bikes (pictures from July) We both ride a ton,, But my roommate races downhill professional, and he is sponsored by trek.. So that is why it's the majority in the house hold. ;)

Ah ok that makes a lot of sense why they look so pretty and new... Lucky man for having someone in the industry, my riding buddy was a sales rep for SCOTT and was able to get some sick deals on stuff but alas he is out of the outdoor scene now so those days are over.

Ah ok that makes a lot of sense why they look so pretty and new... Lucky man for having someone in the industry, my riding buddy was a sales rep for SCOTT and was able to get some sick deals on stuff but alas he is out of the outdoor scene now so those days are over.
Yeah man if you are paying full price for a bike... you are doing it wrong! Im very thankful I got hooked up!

Solid rig, thanks for the love on Instagram today. Glad to see some people my age getting into these trucks! I need to drag mine out to Colorado one of these days, your pictures really sell it
Of course!! Yeah its nice seeing "young" people getting into these!! As long as they aren't hacking them up!! :eek: Great looking 60 you have, bring it out here, pictures don't do justice.

Sold my stock wheel and tires to a fellow land cruiser enthusiast. The tires were pretty gone.. would make for good rollers.. But the wheels were in great shape!
20150919_154327.jpg

Cleaned out the land cruiser and headed straight for the camping spot.
Probably one of the best ways to wake up is in the back of a Land Cruiser! :)

IMG_7967.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

Replaced the reverse lights and interior lights with PFRAN LED kits. DRASTIC DIFFERENCE. It's funny when your reverse lights are brighter than your headlights!;)
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
IMG_8099.jpg

Back in College... Summers over... But the adventure and build isnt!!
Shot of the 60 trying to blend in..
IMG_8114.jpg

Got some D-Ring Shackles and D-Ring Isolators for my Trail Tailor Bumper :clap:
IMG_8117.jpg
IMG_8118.jpg
IMG_8119.jpg

Got some desmog caps for the air cleaner from fj40jim!
20150920_095908.jpg

Been having an issue with the fan hitting the fan shroud, figured the motor had a little bit of movement in it..
New motor mounts from Cruiser Outfitters!
20150920_095406.jpg

Turns out mine were not that bad at all... Replaced it anyways since I had them, and I was already there.. EDIT: found out it was just the fan shroud a little loose when it was put back in with the new radiator, tightened it up and it was good to go.. still weird, didn't think it was lose enough to hit the fan..
20150920_113315.jpg

If you plan on to Desmog your rig please don't toss the parts either sell it here on mud or give it away. A lot of us here on the west coast still need smog parts and the cost of new parts are crazy if it's still avilable. Love what you did with your rig i also have a silver 60 (Faded) glad you are putting it to good use,love all the nature shots.

If you plan on to Desmog your rig please don't toss the parts either sell it here on mud or give it away. A lot of us here on the west coast still need smog parts and the cost of new parts are crazy if it's still avilable. Love what you did with your rig i also have a silver 60 (Faded) glad you are putting it to good use,love all the nature shots.
If you look closer at post #71 you will notice that I am already demogged. I have everything except for the smog pump (Sold to a friend)... It's on the parts shelf at the shop just in case anything happens to my friends 60! I know how crazy expensive the desmog parts can be.. if you need any parts let me know! And thank you, I love using my 60!

Something showed up....
20150914_132959.jpg

Yes, I know it's not the Safari Snorkel.. But I really dig the "Land Cruiser" printed on it..
20150914_133616.jpg

Now I know there is a TON of controversy with buying non-Safari snorkels.. But really, it's a molded piece of plastic and the dimensions were not far off from the Safari one (compared it myself) and for 1/3 of the price.. I'm going with this Snorkel from Austraila. I don't want to argue with anyone over this, I'm a 21 year old college student with a Land Cruiser addiction.. Money is tight.. Rant over. More pictures.

Measuring and building a good template off of what they gave me with the snorkel.
20150920_141438.jpg

20150920_141443.jpg

One last non-snorkel picture session before I cut a hole in my beautiful fender :eek:
20150913_184342_001.jpg

20150913_184322.jpg

(Love this old Power House, the city converted to a museum for children :) here is a link: Powerhouse Science Center :: Story of the Powerhouse)

Okay Toyota purist, exit this thread now...
20150920_142921.jpg

Cutting into the fender..
20150920_152341.jpg

Cutting into the fender... o_O
20150920_152341.jpg

Here she is.... Im OCD so the circle is killing me a little with the body line.
20150920_163416.jpg

I love snorkels... I have wanted one forever!!:clap:
20150921_111950.jpg

20150921_110903.jpg

Since we were playing with the power tools, I decided to cut some U-bolts that have been hanging and getting smashed by rocks..
20150920_165540.jpg

Accidently smashed my watch face...
20150923_085109.jpg

Snorkel still looking good..
20150923_091408.jpg

POS Honda owner needed to leave you a can opener............

Its looking great T

J
Thank you! These pictures are from about 8 months ago... But I need some armor from you to protect myself from these terrible college drivers and their doors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom