8" Versus 9" Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at the Level 8 wheels just like on wingysataday in the same color. My GX is also silver and I think the combo looks awesome. My local Discount Tire has the same 9" wide and offset for $107 each and the 8" are $140 each. I have not lifted the Swank Tank yet. Will probably wait until closer to 100k miles to do that. I am sitting at 54k miles now and itching for wheels and tires. Will likely go 265/70 R17 for the next set running stock for a while yet. Had considered 255/75 R17 also. Thinking that would be too skinny for a 9" rim. Do you think 265/75 R17 wide enough for the 9"? Also, opinions on benefit of an 8" versus 9" wide rim. Price difference for me is huge in favor of the 9".

Last edited:
I think mine are the 9" wide rims. I would have to look. They would be fine on a 255. I get a lot of compliments on my set up. I also purchased mine at discount.

Your rig looks great. Hope you don't mind a copy cat. Imitation is flattering right. ;)

I run a 9"

Dan, you still planning on 34"x10.5" for your new tires? I think that is a nice size.

Yeah

copy all you want, even though you are in IA and Im in ID, I don't think anyone will ever see both our rigs in their life.

But they will mix up the two states. "Iowa, is that where you grow all the potatoes?" Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom