Builds JP comes to life-Truggy Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well,as Baz has told me, all work and no play makes Stan.......

So, I took a break from installing fence posts ( 72 of 192 in the ground ) and business today (Sun) and I worked on the truggy a little. Spent some extra time with the new puppy too.

Her name is Bristol, 8 months, Bloodhound/Shepard mix. Gets on good with the 3 boys

7192551536_3511e1af5b_b.jpg

Got some more of the back half done. Traingles are your friend :wave:

7192548348_69ccd897d9_b.jpg

Rain again, so I got the back half pretty much as far as I want to go without the fuel cell and radiator in hand. It won’t be too long and the back half will come off and the cab will be finished out and painted.

If you look at the three triangular sections making contact with the shock hoop you can see that they also form an inner fender. There will be aluminum panels in each section. Hopefully they will help keep the mud spray down when things are wet. Hard to tell from the pic, the center triangle is horizontal. I’ll probably panel the lower two front sections as well.

7206899822_a4106ff6ec_b.jpg

Just found this thread. Amazing metal work both at the sheetmetal bodywork level and the frame and component fabrication.

That Boyz got skillz.

Look forward to updates. Subscribed.

Damn, I've not touched this truck since 5/16/12. That's just plain sad :(

I bet he hasn't gotten a damn thing done. He's too busy flipping FZJ80s :flipoff2:

I am busy, chasing down parts this morning, I have all but one hose fitting figured out.

Just found this thread. Amazing metal work both at the sheetmetal bodywork level and the frame and component fabrication.

That Boyz got skillz.

Look forward to updates. Subscribed.

You are too kind, I need to see some updates too!! This food and shelter habit is keeping me from my hobbies:)

It has been over two years since I have put any time into this project and the reality that I will not get to it for a good while and that I need the space in the shop for customer projects looms. So with heavy heart, I am selling it AS IS INCOMPLETE.

If interested, make me an offer via PM that I can not refuse.

Don't do it. You built that shop and started that project in it first thing, no?
If all you stress about is customer projects, and you kick your own to the curb, than there becomes little satisfaction for yourself in the work you are doing.... ask me how I know...
Charge customers more and finish your pile! One of my favorite builds on mud, would love to get me a mini like that!

I'll add my voice to the "don't sell" chorus. It's your project, it's your work demonstrator, and best (and worst) it's specific to you. I make money selling Corvettes, 69 Camaros, Mustang fastbacks, etc... I lose money on everything else and rule is: the smaller the community, the more you'll take it in the shorts when (if) you sell it. Frankly, the only way to sell something like that is to take it apart and sell it as components. Which is truly a shame... use it as a demonstrator, put paint on it, park it outside and get to it when you get to it - you have a lifetime to get to it.... so what it sits?

Agree. Keep it. I have moved around way too much with my navy career and only now after 21 years can I horde my toys. Keep it. You have the room.

Cheers.

Thank you for the kind words guys. I am going to take your advice. My wife said basically the same to m as you have. She told me "your soul is in that rig" At some point I will at least clean it up, paint what I have and get it out of the shop so I can use the space.

Hey Chris, Yes that's a Troopy I did some work on a few years back, it sold to another club member. I don't do a lot of tube bending these days. I've built enough bumpers to last a life time. Heather had to bug me to build one for her 80, so I built her a modular ( 3 piece) plate bumper :)

What are ya building?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom